Portsmouth Rating = 78.5

  • Robert Shirley
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 26, 2008
      Just an FYI: Weta w/ Gennaker portsmouth rating = 78.5

      For some reason we are listed on the inactive list. Is that because we have only raced in one or two regattas in the Bay area? What about the east coast boats? Have they not raced yet? As long as we know our rating, I guess it really doesn't matter.

      Tomorrow, ABYC is having a fun race in the bay, which is why I needed to know our Portsmouth rating.

      good sailing,
      BS
    • Christopher Harvey
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 26, 2008
        Hi Robert,

        ABYC????

        Any other Wetas racin?

        -Chris H.

        On Dec 26, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Robert Shirley wrote:

        > Just an FYI: Weta w/ Gennaker portsmouth rating = 78.5
        >
        > For some reason we are listed on the inactive list. Is that because
        > we have only raced in one or two regattas in the Bay area? What about
        > the east coast boats? Have they not raced yet? As long as we know our
        > rating, I guess it really doesn't matter.
        >
        > Tomorrow, ABYC is having a fun race in the bay, which is why I needed
        > to know our Portsmouth rating.
        >
        > good sailing,
        > BS

      • ROBERT REED
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 26, 2008
          Hi Chris,
          I'm down here in central NC - Thomasville. I am assuming ABYC is YC for Yacht Club. Don't know as they have any clubs on Badin or High Rock Lake. I am looking into Oak Hollow Yacht Club this Spring- (High Point- My neighboring town)-they shut down for the winter. I know that they do some racing at Oak Hollow. Haven't seen but a handful of Sailboats actually sail on Badin. Several Hobies that look like they haven't moved for Years! Not sure what kind of Boats they have at Oak Hollow, but did talk to a member. A few mono's - Not real big- small lake (small boats-- they rent sunfish). Didn't get our Weta till late Aug '08. Did some sailing at Hilton Head SC. Looking forward to the Summer!

          On Dec 26, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Robert Shirley wrote:

          > Just an FYI: Weta w/ Gennaker portsmouth rating = 78.5
          >
          > For some reason we are listed on the inactive list. Is that because
          > we have only raced in one or two regattas in the Bay area? What about
          > the east coast boats? Have they not raced yet? As long as we know our
          > rating, I guess it really doesn't matter.
          >
          > Tomorrow, ABYC is having a fun race in the bay, which is why I needed
          > to know our Portsmouth rating.
          >
          > good sailing,
          > BS

        • Robert Shirley
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 28, 2008
            Sorry, I forget that not everybody knows my shorthand. ABYC is Alamitos Bay Yacht Club in Long Beach. I didn't go to the race yesterday because the predictions were for light winds and ABYC is 90 minutes away from Ventura (my home). I sailed here on Friday, instead, because it was the last day of predicted strong winds for a while. No other Wetas, unless William Dickey from Marina Del Rey went (doubtful). ABYC is very similar to RYC in that, it too caters to small boat racing. It also has two hoists, a ramp, dry storage, and a building similar to RYC. This summer, in late July, there is a Multihulls regatta there that might be worth checking out.

            check out: abyc.com

            If gas prices stay down, I may attempt to get up to RYC for at least one regatta this summer. I could use some help fine tuning the rig and sails.

            BS

            > Hi Robert,
            >
            > ABYC????
            >
            > Any other Wetas racin?
            >
            > -Chris H.
            >
            > On Dec 26, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Robert Shirley wrote:
            >
            > > Just an FYI: Weta w/ Gennaker portsmouth rating =
            > 78.5
            > >
            > > For some reason we are listed on the inactive list.
            > Is that because
            > > we have only raced in one or two regattas in the Bay
            > area? What about
            > > the east coast boats? Have they not raced yet? As
            > long as we know our
            > > rating, I guess it really doesn't matter.
            > >
            > > Tomorrow, ABYC is having a fun race in the bay,
            > which is why I needed
            > > to know our Portsmouth rating.
            > >
            > > good sailing,
            > > BS