Racing on SF Bay and environs

  • sfbaysailingdad
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2008
      Hi all,

      So - the boats get here in less than 2 months. Finally....
      I spoke with Richie at RYC and he's still fine with us unloaded the
      week of July 10th, there will be a couple other containers in the lot
      - for the Pac Cup boats, so we need to unload quickly.

      So, what sort of racing is available to us?

      I know we can race the Richmond dinghy invitational regattas, spring,
      fall and winter, OD if we have enough boats, handicap if not.

      What about some of the other interesting bay races like 3 bridge, etc?
      There are some big "beach" cats that do those races, would we
      qualify? Maybe not?

      Are there any RAID style events on SF Bay open to plastic boats? I
      believe there is a wood boat RAID event.

      Greg