6519RE: WetaFest is not far away....

  • weta4life

      Repost....

      It's late summer in New Zealand, the weather is warm, the sailing is good and I'm leaving next week for a place that is experiencing quite a harsh winter... why?? Cos WetaFest is on! First up I'm traveling to Boston to do the last three days of the the New England boat show. I'm looking forward to meeting Bob and Ira from the Multihull Source and talking to Weta owners and prospective Weta owners. All New England and Tri-state owners I hope to see you there!

      Then for the main event I get to participate in the 2nd annual WetaFest at Fort Walton Yacht Club. This promises to be a really fun regatta, with 19 entries listed and a few more promised it will be the biggest Weta fleet that I've ever raced in and I'm really looking forward to experiencing Weta racing as it was meant to be. As a long time laser sailor and a new convert to F18's and F16's catamarans the Weta is the perfect combination of the two. Fun, close, fast and tactical racing!

      And let's not forget what's happening off the water, good food, good drink and good parties, Fort Walton knows how to put on a regatta! Salt boards are sponsoring a Weta wake skate competition, Ronstan is providing some awesome prizes, including a cool new toy the Vaavud wind meter for smart phones and some of their great new watches. Plus keep an eye on the weather with WRI, who will be providing forecasts each day from 05 through 09 March, 2014. These forecasts will be available by visiting this link. Not to mention the awesome food from Fudpuckers.

      This promises to be a great regatta, if you are on the fence, time to get off and organize how to get to WetaFest!

      Cheers,

      Miranda

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic