5837Check us out buzzing the Coastal Classic fleet

  • weta4life
    Oct 24, 2013

      A cool new vid from Josh who also did the West Coast Champs video. We went out this morning and buzzed the coastal classic fleet for a bit of fun. The Coastal Classic is a 130NM race up the coast from Auckland to Russel, that sort of starts the summer off!

      Ended up being a really windy sail in, 25 gusting 35 upwind, I had the whole main ragging and sailing inside the jib at times, was very impressed with how well the boat handled it! Still think I need to put a longer tiller extension on, dropped it a couple of times, luckily just eased a bit of main to keep the boat tracking.

      Photos are on facebook
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic