5718RE: Stowing equipment and buying gear in Australia

  • tomkirkman1
    Sep 28, 2013

       A "Vittles Vault 15" makes an outstanding dry storage area in the Weta! Fits at the stern and under the tiller arm. Just a tremendous "accessory" for the Weta. Try it, you'll like it. Only a few bucks and the best thing you'll ever put on your Weta for dependable dry storage.

      http://www.gamma2.net/vittles-vault-plus-15.htm

      ---In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, <weta-trimarans@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I've found the best solution to the stowage issue is to buy a small roll-up dry bag which fits through the hatch in front of the daggerboard. You can open it up by poking the top through the hatch and then drop things into it - close it  - and thread the closed part back into the hull.

      I've also found some equipment is far cheaper in the US and the UK but courier costs can make it difficult to justify importing. However if you buy items from the UK you don't pay UK VAT (20%) and if you keep it under 3Kg, you can ship by UK parcel post which is very cheap and take 7-10 days - if you can find a supplier who does this. Purplemarine.com is one such although their limit is £50 order value for post.

      Hope this helps
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic