5440Re: [Weta-Trimarans] Replacement prod too large

  • Robert Spencer
      Unfortunately - yes, a couple of times with various vintage boats and prods - and as recently as last week. The I have done as you did and found a "best fit", but I had a few to choose from. If there is a lip in the hull, use a buffing wheel on an electric drill (the kind made up of lots if squares of sandpaper glued to a central shaft. That will clean the lip.
      Don't use it if it is really stiff, as it may not seat fully, and also spent most of a day removing one that was too tight, and then broke, leaving a stump of about 2" protruding.

      Ask your dealer nicely for another swap....

      R.

      Sent from iPhone

      On 2 Aug 2013, at 15:23, "yottieguy" <pewit@...> wrote:

      Has anyone else replaced their prod and found the replacement won't fit in to the bowsprit tube?

      I can't get more than 25cm/8in into the tube despite spending an afternoon rubbing it down with 400 wet&dry paper which has removed most of the turning ridges.

      There appears to a be an internal lip at the entrance of the bowsprit tube where the tube meets the hull which I've also tried to rub down but that hasn't made much difference.

      Paul