5435Re: [Weta-Trimarans] Re: Steel loop on top of prod

  • Robert Spencer
      And jumping to El Presedentè's defence - as any loyal foot soldier should...

      If you use the "Fleming twist" on the continuous line, by crossing it under the prod, and then back through the bow triangle, it eliminates any wear on the furler, makes the running angles perfect, and even seems to lead to better furls. It is an elegant and simple solution. (You can then furl either way if you sail odd courses!

      Sent from iPhone

      On 2 Aug 2013, at 15:41, "bjarthur123" <bjarthur123@...> wrote:

      really bruce? most boats i have looked at that do not have a fairlead for the new continuous gennaker furling line have wear on the plastic outlet.

      since i upgraded the furler on an old sprit, i simply undid the splice in the line, fed it through the existing pad eye, and redid the splice.

      thanks for the half-PVC idea! very elegant.

      ben #358
      chesapeake bay