5434Re: Steel loop on top of prod

  • bjarthur123
      really bruce? most boats i have looked at that do not have a fairlead for the new continuous gennaker furling line have wear on the plastic outlet.

      since i upgraded the furler on an old sprit, i simply undid the splice in the line, fed it through the existing pad eye, and redid the splice.

      thanks for the half-PVC idea! very elegant.

      ben #358
      chesapeake bay

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Fleming" <wavejump@...> wrote:

      > I think most of us have found there is no need for the original "saddle" on
      > the prod after upgrading to the continuous loop furling system.
      >
      > Actually, I fashioned a prototype from a half-section of PVC irrigation pipe
      > with saddles for both lines entering/exiting the new furler, and attached
      > this piece to the prod near the original saddle with plastic cable "zip"
      > ties, since I was curious if this would improve the performance of the
      > system. I've found it doesn't. Another fine example of KISS = Keep It
      > Simple, Sailor!

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic