5431Re: [Weta-Trimarans] Steel loop on top of prod

  • Robert Spencer
    Aug 1, 2013
      Bruce,
      While some if us may have seen what you do to perfectly innocent PVC irrigation pipes, I think it is best kept off the forum, and in the privacy of your own garage... even if you are El Presedentè...

      (Actually, when you kick my ass in SFO next month, I'm going to protest and demand a solvent abuse test.....)

      R.

      Sent from iPhone

      On 1 Aug 2013, at 20:01, "Bruce Fleming" <wavejump@...> wrote:

      I think most of us have found there is no need for the original "saddle" on
      the prod after upgrading to the continuous loop furling system.

      Actually, I fashioned a prototype from a half-section of PVC irrigation pipe
      with saddles for both lines entering/exiting the new furler, and attached
      this piece to the prod near the original saddle with plastic cable "zip"
      ties, since I was curious if this would improve the performance of the
      system. I've found it doesn't. Another fine example of KISS = Keep It
      Simple, Sailor!

      Aloha,

      Bruce Fleming

      Akahele!, #276