Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

5317Re: forestay bridle

Expand Messages
  • petecailes
    Jul 4, 2013
    • 0 Attachment

      After two failures i've now replaced the forestay bridle with one made of 6mm 316 stainless steel bar complete with deck plates and bolted into position with stainless steel nylock nuts. The forestay is clipped on and pulled up and cleated in a clamcleat. Easy, quick and secure.

      Pete Cailes
      Sail 125 - Taniwha

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "avogel0929" <avogel0929@...> wrote:
      > At the beginning of this season I replaced my OEM bow ring setup with a rope bridle. I used 3/16" Amsteel Blue (uncovered Dyneema single braid), whipped the working ends with twine to inhibit slip-through and tied figure-eights, intending to sew a couple of loops of whipping twine through the knots for security after a few hours of sailing in case the load lengthened the bridle too much. That's what happened, but the knots were so tight I couldn't undo them. So I added a couple of half-hitches above each knot to take up slack, and to my surprise, they have held. Evidently, the figure-eights are very secure, but you can always stitch them to be certain.
      > Andrew
      > #440 "Bella"
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic