5308Re: Questions

  • sail.plane
    Jul 1, 2013
      Tim,

      had same problems with mine #676

      1. figure 8 knot as said. I couldnt undo mine although it was slipping, so for the moment I put loctite on the overhand knot and is not slipping any more, but I'm watching everytime. I'll do a figure 8 when I get a new strop, will have to cut it to remove it.
      (wonder if the loctite could affect the material? not until now. somebody knows?)

      3. mast step: I had to file the slot and now its very easy to get it out. I only had to file one edge of the slot at 45deg

      cheers

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "wieringats" <timw@...> wrote:

      > 1. What kind of knot is best for the forstay "bridle". Mine came with a simple overhand knot that slipped out. Amazing how strong that prod is!
      >
      > 2. I am missing an oRing on one of the inspection ports on the back of the float. Any idea where to get a replacement?
      >
      > 3. My mast step fits Very snug over the metal bar on the mast step, I have to work to get it off when done sailing. Any reason not to sand / file the slot on the mast slightly wider?
      >
      > Thanks for your collective wisdom.
      >
      > Tim - Michigan

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic