45Re: West Coast Trailers and Weta maiden voyage review

  • wetasocal
    Jul 26, 2008
      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "wetabob" <bobhyde@...> wrote:

      > --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "wetatri" <minzuki@> wrote:
      > >
      > > West Coast Weta Dudes and Dudettes,
      > >
      > > Have any of you decided on a trailer solution yet?
      > >
      > > Boats will be here soon, and I need a trailer.
      > >
      > > Cheers!!!
      > >
      > > WT

      Hey West Coast Weta Swarm,

      I just joined the group this a.m. No, BH and JN I didn't start the
      group, I think CH must have. I am not as ditzy as we all thought
      yesterday p.m. Whew, thats a relief.

      Those of you that were at RYC Sat. for the delivery saw my Northern
      Tools trailer. It seems to work very well. I did buy an extemder for
      the ball so the tongue actually sits on the ball a couple of feet aft
      of my bumper. This allowed me to pull the dolly forward so the CG is
      right over the axle. WetaBob helped me check to make sure the amas
      wouldn't hit on tight turns and we had 1' clearance.

      Here is the trailer again:
      http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_6970_200356494_200356494

      The price has gone up $50.00 since I bought mine, but still relatively
      inexpensive, and, free shipping. The ball extender cost $45 at a
      local trailer hitch store in Ventura.

      I sailed my Weta (or any Weta) for the first time yesterday. Unrolling
      the screecher in 15 knots of wind while single handling was like being
      shot out of a cannon. I was giggling like a little girl as I rode
      that scalded ape. All we have to do is get some friends and
      acquaintances out on these boats and we will build a fleet fast. Lets
      get on it. I'm gonna start today by taking out my buddy I'm staying
      with up here.

      Much thanks to Bob, Dean, Jon, Scott, and Sean for making yesterday's
      container unloading and boat assembly a pretty smooth, gratifying
      experience.

      We are gonna have fun Weta Swarm.

      BS
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic