      From: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Tim Corcoran
      Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:17 AM
      To: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Weta-Trimarans] Re: Weta life is good \\ Santa Barbara Channel P2P
      racing

      Maybe we should take up this thread more in the west coast weta forum. These
      sound like a lot of fun to me, and I'm really excited about a couple brand
      new Wetas in Ventura. Welcome!

      I'm glad there's been some good sailing Bob, maybe doing a race with two up
      wold be a fun thing to mix stuff up.

      I have one more race on my schedule this month: as a followup to the west
      coast championships, the Middle East championships in Muscat are coming up
      in less than two weeks. It's sort of a west pole/east pole thing. After all,
      Robert Spencer came out from Dubai to sail in the San Francisco bay, we have
      to keep the global connection going. If you haven't signed up yet, get hold
      of Brett Hall, he may be able to make charter arrangements for you. There
      are nonstop flights from Los Angeles to Dubai, 8700 mi of nonstop inflight
      entertainment and plenty of good food, if you can stand the seating.
      Muscat's just a short hop away from there. Here's a way to get out of that
      California rut, and the water will be reasonably warm.

      Tim

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:Weta-Trimarans%40yahoogroups.com> , Robert Shirley <wetasocal@...>
      wrote:

      > There are races that exist already that have allowed beach cats in the
      past. I am confident that we could enter Wetas, or lobby the RCs to allow
      Wetas if we get on it early enough.
      > �
      > The Hardway Race is a race from Santa Barbara to Ventura leaving Anacapa
      to port.� It, typically, is in mid-May.� If we decide to focus on this
      race, I suggest a Weta course in which we leave Platform Gilda to port,
      rather than Anacapa.
      > �
      > The Milt Ingram Race has also hosted beach cats in the past. It is about a
      45 mile race that starts and finishes in Ventura and leaves both Gilda and
      Anacapa to port. It is usually in Mid July (the weekend after HSR this
      year).
      > �
      > The Tri-point has had a beach cat class the last few years. It also starts
      and finishes in Ventura, is probably around 35 miles, and leaves Platform
      Gina and Anacapa to starboard. It is usually in mid-August.
      > �
      > We also are welcome to do the Frenchy's Rum Run in late June. It is a race
      of about 30 miles from Ventura out to a buoy very close to Frenchy's cove on
      Anacapa and back.
      > �
      > Or, we can create our own Weta regatta.� We could race from Santa
      Barbara to Ventura. Or, I think a really good Weta course would be
      start/finish in Ventura and sail around Gilda leaving it to starboard.�
      That would be about 8 miles dead upwind and then, of course, 8 miles back
      downwind to the finish.�