4036RE: [Weta-Trimarans] Weta life is good

  • Steve Keever
    Nov 6, 2012
      Like. :)

      From: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Shirley
      Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:13 AM
      To: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Weta-Trimarans] Weta life is good

      Hey fellow Weta sailors.
      I don't tweet or FB, but still felt the need to share:

      I sailed Sunday afternoon w/ another mamin. 400lbs total. 13 - 17 kts of wind, relatively flat ocean seas, warm and sunny. It was fun. My crew is a fellow surf rat w/ much time on the ocean, but very little time on sailboats. He was giggling like a school girl he was enjoying it so much. I let him skipper quite a bit, and being a surfer, he was getting in the groove downwind riding the chop with me trimming the gennaker.
      I may become a double handed convert. Sure, I wasn't going quite as fast, but it was so easy. No work at all. A couple of kids in a 29er challenged us to a race. They walked away upwind inside the harbor, but as soon as we got out into the ocean we started catching up. I think I was able to power through the chop better and the boat was nice and flat w/o having to hike like a Finn sailor. They didn't have their chute so we caught and passed them downwind. It was a blast.

      Bob Shirley
      Weta #147, Ventura CA.
      805 850 8661

      If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?