3839Re: Screacher sheets

  • weta4life
    Sep 2, 2012
      Hi Guys,

      To advance one more step on the wear gloves thing, I wear gardening gloves with a latex coating like these ones http://www.mailordertrees.co.uk/Briers++General+Gardener++Gloves/0_caaa342/PRAB123.htm?page=Gardening_Gloves
      and cut the tip of the thumb and forefinger off so that I can tie knots etc.

      The latex gives me more grip on the sheets than ordinary gloves which keeps my grip from getting tired and they are protective enough to keep me from getting blisters. They don't last for ages but they only cost about $10 a pair from the local supermarket.

      Cheers,

      Miranda

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "George" <wetabix0947@...> wrote:

      > Wear sailing gloves (if you don't already) - the thick ski -type gloves give the best grip but make other tasks like getting the furler line into its jammer more difficult.
      >

      > Rgds
      >
      > George
      > --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, Mark Iverson <rustysunners@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Morning (here)
      > >
      > > Other than the two extended sheet options in the Weta manual, any good alternatives to reduce the strain from pulling in the screacher sheet?
      > >
      > > Mark Iverson
      > > Seattle

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic