      To: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com
      From: mfcdubai@...
      Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 19:59:03 +0400
      Subject: Re: [Weta-Trimarans] Re: Forestay tension

      Yo Gerry,

      Finally enough water to float your boat !

      Congrats!!

      Dubai always has plenty (even if in 120')

      Welcome always open :)

      Robert

      Sent from iPhone (probably without my reading glasses, so please excuse any bizarre word replacements that I did not see!)

      On 3 Aug 2012, at 20:21, Gerald Allen <overnitemail@...> wrote:

      What a great idea. A "dah" moment for me.

      First sail of the year was Monday due to the extreme drought here in Kentucky. The lake has only recently filled to sailing depth. I only mention it so ya'll appreciate your ocean/lake/bay.

      Sail on!

      To: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com

      From: bjarthur123@...

      Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:42:31 +0000

      Subject: [Weta-Trimarans] Re: Forestay tension

      i usually (ie when i remember) loosen the forestay half hitches BEFORE taking down the gennaker. a 3:1 on the gennaker halyard takes most of the load off the forestay, making the half hitches easier to undo, and safer in the event of a sudden slip.

      ben #358

      chesapeake bay

      (we have 10 here now, btw, as of last week)

      Visit Your Group

      Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use

      .