      To: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com
      From: bjarthur123@...
      Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:42:31 +0000
      Subject: [Weta-Trimarans] Re: Forestay tension

      i usually (ie when i remember) loosen the forestay half hitches BEFORE taking down the gennaker. a 3:1 on the gennaker halyard takes most of the load off the forestay, making the half hitches easier to undo, and safer in the event of a sudden slip.

      ben #358

      chesapeake bay

      (we have 10 here now, btw, as of last week)

      Visit Your Group

      Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use

      .