3744Re: Forestay tension

  • bjarthur123
      i usually (ie when i remember) loosen the forestay half hitches BEFORE taking down the gennaker. a 3:1 on the gennaker halyard takes most of the load off the forestay, making the half hitches easier to undo, and safer in the event of a sudden slip.

      ben #358
      chesapeake bay
      (we have 10 here now, btw, as of last week)

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "jaccampbell@..." <buscampbell@...> wrote:

      > I've had the lever for about a 1 ½ years. I installed it not because of a strength issue but because of irritation when lowering the mast: prying off jammed ½ hitches followed by the sudden slip as the amas drop down. I have the lever set up so that when it is closed, the amas are lifted but I certainly don't put in the kind of tension that Ben described using his dowel.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic