3459Re: Regate des Zebres

  • Martin
    May 8, 2012
      Hello Laurent,

      my first capsise is still to come but I have not really been racing with it except one long distance race over 35 nm against a cat fleet finishing when the comitee was already at the club bar.

      so there is something for me to discover yet.

      Hoping your next Weta championship will be known before I book my holidays.

      solong
      Martin
      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "Laurent" <busuanga22@...> wrote:

      > Hello Martin
      >
      > (I'll stick to my broken English out of respect for the community here)
      >

      > > Dommage qu'on ne voit pas comment les 2 Weta se sont mis sur le toit.
      >
      > I can only tell you about my own capsize (red boat #347 at 3:40) : forced to tack in a strong gust (unexpected maneuver by a not-racing monohull) and not really prepared (lame excuse...), came out of the tack with mainsail hard in, failed to release it quick enough, and here she goes !
      >
      > That was only my second capsize with a Weta, guess I was not trying hard enough before :-)
      >
      > That was on Sunday, when most Wetas had decided to switch from solo to double due to increasing wind conditions.
      >
      > Lot of fun though, water still a bit cold, need to fix my drysuit collar :-))
      >

      > Laurent

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic