3264Re: Hi, new member

  • weta705
    Mar 6, 2012
      Hi.

      For me the only possible drawbacks are:

      1.- Price
      2.- Resctricted access to some spare parts.
      3.- Relatively small fleet, and spreaded, so at the beginning You will be sailing "alone" most of the time. The racing issue is a complete topic in this group.

      But when I sarted looking for a dhingy about a year ago, the only boat that complied with all my main requirements was the Weta.

      The boat is easy to store, to transport and to put in the water from a beach a ramp or with a crane in a club. Storage, transportation, rigging, sailing, etc. can be done easily and safely by only one person.

      It's a very "simple" boat to sail, but sailing it it's a lot of fun. Even with 2 adults and/or some kids, the weta is comfortable and safe, but fast and easy to sail.

      The other options I studied were (in one extreme)very fast but very technical boats, most of them requiring two people to sail them properly and $$$ to rig them for racing. In the other extreme I found "floating bathtubs with sails". In the middle there are not really too many good options.

      But, above all, the Weta was the only boat my wife liked enough to let me go sail every weekend! and even think to join me in the future when our baby gets older (I think 3 years is a good age to introduce him to his dad's sports).

      I hope that with a fast growing fleet, the 3 drawbacks I mentioned will "dissapear" in the near future.

      Best regards.

      Andres Schuler
      Weta #705
      Santiago, Chile