3239Regatta in April, Ft. Walton Beach

  • RD
    Mar 1, 2012
      I just about flipped when I was lurking the forum and learned about the regatta in Fort Walton in April. My wife grew up there and I graduated from Univ. of West Fla. in Pensacola. For the part thirty-tour years that is where we've done most of our sailing; along the coast from Pensacola to East Pass at Destin. We just returned from Mary's Mom's 90th birthday party in Ft. Walton. Sad to say, we would rather become familiar with the boat here at home before we make the trip to hit Choctawhatchee Bay for a regatta. The last regatta at the yacht club in Ft. Walton was on my Rave when I had just bought it. I took some bad tuning advice and had an unhappy regatta. I swore I would never enter a regatta again until I had time on the boat. I'll pass this year.

      The Melges 17 was our first monohull. We've had all cats and tris until we bought the scow. The Melges is a super boat but it's really hard to say no to a Weta.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic