3187Re: Hi, new member

  • Jon
    Feb 4, 2012
      We are about to set up a dealer in the MidWest. I took a Weta and had a display in Chicago and learned a lot about the sailing scene in the area and have recruited a dealer. There are currently 4 owners in the area (not counting the one's in Michigan) and 2 new owners from the show. Weta will be making a formal announcement next week.

      Missing Charlotte Harbor this weekend. It is a very well run event at a great location. Weta had the largest one design start yesterday!!
      How were the conditions?

      Jon Britt
      Nor'Banks Sailing

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "bjarthur123" <bjarthur123@...> wrote:

      > i believe there now is a great lakes dealer. he and jon brit @ nor'banks recently attended a boat show in chicago.
      >
      > and the weta is a one-design class already. ask any of the california, new york, or florida folks. today was the first day of the charlotte harbor regatta, with nine wetas in attendance. results here:
      >
      > https://www.regattatech.com/events/CHR/CharlotteHarbor12/scoring/showResultsRoster
      >
      > ben, #358
      >

      > --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <matthew.engman@> wrote:
      > > Do you meet up with other weta owners in chicagoland area throughout the year? What has kept these boats from becomign a one design class anyways?
      > >
      > > It looks like there isn't a Midwest dealer yet, so if/when I do get one, I'll be heading to Nor'banks and stopping in Maryland on the drive back to take my dad for a cruise on the new boat, after practicing and getting tips in NC for a bit.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic