3183RE: [Weta-Trimarans] Re: Hi, new member

  • Bruce Fleming
      Color choices are very personal. I chose the bright Yellow hull because I
      was sure the babe in the bikini in the photos on the Wetamarine web site
      came with that package. I have since learned that I can't believe
      everything I see on the Internet.

      Some owners have opted for trailer packages offered by their local Weta
      dealer. A few have made their own from kits, like mine from Harbor Freight
      that cost about US $350. I enjoyed building and customizing it, and this
      was the best value for me, after spending lots of time looking at used
      trailers for sale all over Craig's List in my area. Others have scratch
      built theirs with aluminum channel and motorcycle trailer spring axles.
      Lots of variety. One important consideration is how the dolly/trolly rests
      on the trailer to unload the aft section of the dolly from excessive road
      shock. My advice: choose simple and easy to manage in your storage scheme.
      Less time messing with the trailer means more time sailing.

      Aloha,

      Bruce

      Bruce Fleming

      Akahele!, #276