3173Re: Hi, new member

  • George
    Feb 2, 2012
      I would guess that pretty much all forms of sailing are more pleasant in the Caribbean than in cold water, but cool water sailing is perfectly do-able if you dress up right. The Weta is a wet boat and in cool/cold water you have to wear a dry suit and waterproof gloves.If you do that the experience is highly enjoyable and at least you won't get skin cancer. See http://weta.org.uk

      Rgds

      George Morris
      Scotland (water temp about 9 deg C for most of the year)

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <matthew.engman@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone. I just got back from Strictly Sail Chicago 2012 and got introduced to the weta. I hae been looking for a small boat that I can take out by myself or with 1-2 others. I've looked into the windrider, the melges17, and even a bladerider moth hydrofoil. This one catches my eye because it's a little shorter than the windrider and melges and also sounds like its fairly easy to rig and single hand.
      >
      > I've read through some of the posts, looked at pics on here, and checked out weta.org.uk as well. It really seems that there aren't many of these around, despite being manufactured for a number of years now. Niche market maybe?
      >
      > What can you tell me about your weta that a potential owner might want to know ahead of time? Also, this yahoo group is nice, but why isn't there a phpbb forum that might organize topics a little easier? If you guys think a forum would help the group grow, I can help with that as I have unlimited storage and bandwidth on my host.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Matt

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic