      From: Mitch <mitch.sailing@...>
      Subject: Re: [Weta-Trimarans] upwind
      To: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 2:45 PM

      It's gotten better the more I've sailed - but I think it's just been time in

      the boat. Our first races we couldn't get around lasers. Now, with the new

      blade, we can, we can point with them and have a touch more speed if there

      is any breeze at all.

      In the really light stuff:

      All your weight forward

      use the back jib hole if you need power as it stiffens the jib leech

      I think to really get the boat to point you'd need somewhat tighter jib

      leads and a deck sweeping jib. We give up a lot with the current layout and

      jib cut.

      However, in any breeze - footing off is better VMG. Since you're sailing

      alone - maybe pick up one of those GPS devices with VMG - I have a

      velocitek. It will let you know what your best angle is.

      Greg