1905Re: Your Choice of handheld VHF?

  • bjarthur123
    Apr 3, 2011
      i think you're talking about the west marine VHF250. i have one. it not only has the marine and FRS bands as you describe, but also AM, FM, and airplane bands. it doesn't float, and it doesn't have GPS. otherwise, i can highly recommend it. great for the long-distance weta races and the occasional bareboat charter.

      ben #358
      ithaca, new york

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Fleming <wavejump@...> wrote:
      > I've seen that West Marine (love them, or hate them...) has one that
      > includes FRS/GMRS frequencies... Seems like a cool way to keep in touch
      > with family on the shore with our FRS walkie talkies and keep clear of
      > using the VHF ship-to-short services or carrying a cell phone in wet
      > conditions.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic