1898Re: Your Choice of handheld VHF?

  • Gordon
    Apr 2 5:51 PM
      I have a "Standard Horizon HX851", which may be the one mentioned in the previous post: Just VHF, but it has GPS and a one-button distress call (though you need to register to get a free ID number). Mine also floats - as I've had to prove once - so it's a feature I advise highly. Again, it's bulky, but I clip it to the front of my life jacket then throw the windbreaker over the top and it's never a problem. Great battery life too. You could check out the HX290, which doesn't have the GPS but is much smaller and also floats.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic