1894Re: For those doing the Border Run

  • Bob
    Apr 2, 2011
      I just re-read the Sailing Instructions and have to correct myself. In addition to a cell phone, Sprint racers also have to have a GPS and handheld VHF marine band radio.

      While there is nowhere to bail out along the route due to surf and rocks, it is still a pretty benign racing area. Typically, the winds only blow 8 - 12 knts. Hopefully, since it is Spring, we will get more wind than that.

      Cross your fingers, it has the possibility of being a very fun race.

      BS#147

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Stephens" <richard@...> wrote:

      > > The only thing you need is a cell phone in a zip-lock baggy.
      >
      > The safety regulations for this race are a bit of a joke, aren't they!
      >
      > I know its only 14 miles, but the coastline between Newport and Dana Pt does
      > not look promising for a bail-out, and the water is cold. Take care!

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic