1636Re: Is there anyone out there?

  • Robert Spencer
      Hello George

      Dubai checking in!

      It is always summer here :) We have had some good wind recently, and while I have been sailing every weekend, I don't have much to write about!
      Raced yesterday in 17 - 20 kts - I brought some "ballast" - a 17 yo who has sailed musto, moth, 29er, but never a Weta. He helmed for the three races and we had a blast - I learned a few pointing tricks, and downwind ones too. Gps track shows plenty of 14kt+ legs, so yes we had fun!

      On the matter of handicaps - I have done some non scientific statistical analysis - and the only time my weta has a chance against the others is if they capsize a couple of times in a race - ant the wind is up! When I finish the chart (it looks at about 30 races in the open class) and make it presentable, I'll post it.

      Happy thawing

      Robert

      Sent from iPhone (so please excuse the spelling!)
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic