FYI: Rep. Nita Lowey will be having a meeting at White Plains HS, Thurs. Nov. 10 @6:30pm about fed budget...

  • Roger Drew
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9 11:21 AM
      FYI See Below...

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------

      From: Congresswoman Nita Lowey [ny18ima.pub@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:57 PM
      To: drewr@...
      Subject: Join Me Thursday Night

      Dear Friend:

      The most important issue facing the American people and the federal government is creating jobs and getting our economy back on track.  At this time of high federal deficits, it is also important to eliminate wasteful or duplicative federal spending while protecting vital safety net programs like Social Security, Medicare, and veterans’ benefits as well as investments in medical research, roads and bridges, and education.

      In an effort to gain your perspective on what federal spending should be protected, reduced, and eliminated, I am hosting a budget workshop at White Plains High School on Thursday, November 10th at 6:30PM.  During this interactive forum, you will work in a team to make spending priorities, draft a mock federal budget, and present your thoughts and ideas.  Here are the details about the event and how to rsvp:

      WHEN:                  Thursday, November 10th at 6:30PM

      WHERE:                White Plains High School, Room B1 (accessible from North Street entrance)
                                      550 North Street
                                      White Plains, NY

      RSVP:                    www.Lowey.House.gov/RSVP

      I hope you will join me on Thursday, November 10th at 6:30PM to make your voice heard.

      Nita Lowey
      Member of Congress

      Congresswoman Lowey appreciates the opportunity to communicate with you via e-mail. You have received this message because you subscribed to her e-newsletter, authorizing her to send your e-mail inbox periodic updates from her Congressional office. Please note that her office will not provide your e-mail address to other organizations and cannot guarantee the integrity of the text of this message if it was not sent to you directly from her Congressional e-mail account.

      Unfortunately, our constituent correspondence system is unable to receive email replies; however, you can reach Congresswoman Lowey via email at http://www.lowey.house.gov/ if you would like to contact her further.

      If you wish to no longer receive e-mail updates, please visit http://www.lowey.house.gov/

      Nita's YouTube Channel

      Connect on Facebook

       Connect on Twitter

      Home  |  About Nita  |  Constituent Services  |  News Room  |  Legislative Issues  |  About the District  |  For Students  |  Visiting DC  |  Contact Nita