Thanksgiving action - Tues Nov. 23, Dec budget briefing

  • Dunleamark@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2010
      HI.

      Hunger Action does a statewide Thanksgiving Action the week before Thanksgiving to try to put a more political spin on the media coverage giving to Thanksgiving.

      We are looking to do an event in Westchester on Tues Nov. 23rd at an EFP. Probably talk about the need for more funding for emergency food; stop cutting food stamps; reauthorize and strengthen the child nutrition programs; and create jobs.

      Please let me know if you are interested in participating. 212 741-8192 xt 5#

      We are also thinking about doing a pre-state budget briefing. We know that the state budget will be bad this year. The projected deficit is at $9 billion - after a year with deep cuts. Congress won't be bailing out the states. Cuomo is promising cuts to medicaid and education but you assume everything is going to be cut. I thought it might be helfpul to lay out the overall budget issues early in the process and discuss what we can do in Westchester to respond.

      Our state lobby day will be Tuesday March 1.