UFO - I saw it too

  • sadikaydee
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi, I sent a letter a few weeks back about the westall high school
      sighting. Back then i was in grade 3 at clayton north primary
      school. It was a clear day and it was play time (but i don't
      remember which play, big or little, which means play time or lunch
      time). Anyway it was a clear day with a few white clouds in the
      sky,I looked up and saw what i thought to be a plane. I kept
      looking at it and then it turned on an angle and it was round and
      silver. It looked like the flying saucer from Lost in Space. I just
      kept looking at it. It made no sound, it was not very far away, and
      yet it was small, it kept flying. I looked at a girl my age and
      said did you see what i saw and she said yes. When it was time to
      line up and go into class i asked other kids if they saw the flying
      saucer and they said no. I told them that i had seen one and so did
      she and the girl said she did not see it. I told her she had but she
      denied it. didn't tell my mum or any one. Then in 1971 i went to
      Westall high school, I asked other kids at times if they knew of
      flying saucers in this area years ago. Some said they had heard of
      some things but couldn't remember what. Others had mentioned the
      Grange. I never forgot what i saw and have always been interested
      in UFO's as i know they exist. Every now and again i would say what
      i saw to people close to me, my daughter remembers me telling her,
      but i had not said it in years. Then i saw the article in the
      Women's Day and that brought back the reality of it. It validated
      me , what i saw. I was so excited and still am. I've e-mailed
      Shane and to know that over 200 people have seen it has thrilled
      me. I've told people that have known me for a long time, but have
      the Women's Day with me as that is my evidence, it gives me
      confidence to talk about it as it is proof. One friend asked me if i
      had blocked it out until i saw the article, i told her no, it had
      always been with me, but who would have believed me? Any way thats
      my story of what i saw. It would be great for some to contact me.
      Regards Dee
    • George S
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2006
        Hi Dee,
                    it's because of people like you that this website was put together by Shane. It's also one of the reasons why I'm into UFO research.
        For so many years people have been un-necessarily ridiculed and regarded as crazy.. It's not your fault that you saw something that was not 'supposed' to be there. For decades now, this has been going on, and the authorities keep questioning and doubting the reality of these things, and questioning the credibility of the observers.
        A well known UFO researcher, Timothy Good , has just been in Australia. If you copy the link below, and paste it into your browser you can listen to his interview which goes for about 24 minutes.
        It will also reassure you that you are not alone in this experience of having a UFO sighting. Many people would love to have seen what you saw. You are very fortunate.

        By the way,  I'm giving a talk on this very subject, one week from now, in Melbourne, where the westall case will be a major part of the presentation, with the TV news report of the recent re-union, along with other Melbourne sightings.
        This will be at the next "Astro Network" meeting,  in the Balwyn public library, on Monday 9th  October, 7.45pm.
        The Balwyn Library is at 336 Whitehorse rd, Balwyn.
        One of the witnesses who came to the re-union, and was on the news story, was also from the Clayton North Primary School.
        I hope you can come along, and any other Westall witnesses of course are welcome.
        Cheers, George Simpson...Director  AUFORN Vic.   0410 451 733. ( please use TXT)

[...]

          On Yahoo!7
          Photos: Unlimited free storage – keep all your photos in one place!

        • Shane Ryan
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 3, 2006
            Dear Bill,

            Thanks for your email. I think there are many people out there - both on and off the list - who would share your perspective, or some of them at least.

            "Real" evidence is sometimes a matter of definition, but if by that you mean something tangible and objective - and these themselves can be loaded terms - such as a photograph, then yes, we are still searching! It is possible, of course, that by searching for that sort of evidence we may be looking for something that does not exist. I hope this is not true, as I remain hopeful that some documentary evidence will still yet emerge - a government file, a police memo, a public servant's letter - but this outcome is not guaranteed. Still, I choose the path of optimism, and I feel good about it!

            Evidence of something very much out of the ordinary occurring on Wednesday, 6 April, 1966 at and near Westall High School, is certainly abundant. So many primary witnesses have contacted me and others and given accounts of seeing a flying saucer - or more than one - and the flattened grass left behind in the paddock - or paddocks!! There are variations in these accounts, as one would expect, but the common elements seem to outweigh these.

            Then, of course, we have documentary evidence of the event taking place on that day in the form of newspaper articles in two newspapers and, if one is to believe the memory of many, many witnesses (and I do) a television news story from that evening as well.

            The events of the Westall incident predate your arrival in Westall, as you have said. I am sure many people living in Clayton South today would also be unaware of this story. I wonder if any of the older residents of Westall you have been in contact with have any memories of this event at all - although of course they may not give much credence to the flying saucer element of it; still, I wonder if they recollect "something" occurring that day? Certainly there are members of this list, and others, who have contacted me, who were residents of Westall in 1966 and who remember the events; some were also witnesses to the flying object, and some to the circle.

            A lack of a certain type of evidence does not of itself prove something did not happen. However, Bill, I do agree with you on this point: I wish that we had more of the "real evidence" that you lament the absence of - I lament it too! And, I am still looking for it! I am confident it will be found - I am just not in a position to say in which direction that evidence will finally point. That's what makes this quest so interesting (and frustrating) - at least for me.

            However, I stand as an outsider in this affair. I respect your position as a current and long-time resident of the Westall area; I just wonder if there are not more positive memories of this event out there somewhere in the current or former Westall community. I acknowledge the passage of time, and that the potential holders of such memories may have now gone to a better place.

            Best wishes,

            Shane.

            Shane L.J. Ryan
            DipJpnStd BTh MA GCertTESOL GDipTESOL [cand.]
            30 Renny Place
            BELCONNEN  ACT  2617
            AUSTRALIA
            home telephone:  02 6253 2347
            mobile telephone: 0402 085 553

          • George
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 3, 2006

              Hey Bill B, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT MATE......NO one cares that you require HARD evidence.
              NO one cares.
              I've met the witnesses face to face, I've spoken to them....I believe they are telling the truth...from the Primary school Principal who told us his account of the terrified young children on that day, to the high school students who saw something very odd fly over the school and beyond.
              These people know and remember what they saw....
              I prefer to accept the witness statements, because they are much more interesting than your tired old "show me the evidence" stance.
              Cheers....George Simpson....AUFORN Vic...

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 3, 2006
                George,
                I think we are all capable of making a decision for ourselves whether or
                not we personally require hard evidence of sightings.
                Some of the things mentioned on this list (even with VERY Vague
                memories) appear to me to be quite outlandish, and far from what seems
                to have been generally corroborated on this list.
                BUT that is my opinion, just as Bill's is, he requires hard evidence.
                You don't need to agree with Bill, but then again, you don't need to
                censure him either.

                Khris

                George wrote:

                > Hey Bill B, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT MATE......NO one cares that you
                > require HARD evidence.
                > NO one cares.
                > I've met the witnesses face to face, I've spoken to them....I believe
                > they are telling the truth...from the Primary school Principal who
                > told us his account of the terrified young children on that day, to
                > the high school students who saw something very odd fly over the
                > school and beyond.
                > These people know and remember what they saw....
                > I prefer to accept the witness statements, because they are much more
                > interesting than your tired old "show me the evidence" stance.
                > Cheers....George Simpson....AUFORN Vic...

              • Bill B

[...]

                  360° - start your own blog!

                • George
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 3, 2006
                    Hi Khris, that's fine...that's your opinion.
                    Cheers...GS.

                    George wrote:

                    > Hey Bill B, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT MATE......NO one cares that you
                    > require HARD evidence.
                    > NO one cares.
                    > I've met the witnesses face to face, I've spoken to them....I believe
                    > they are telling the truth...from the Primary school Principal who
                    > told us his account of the terrified young children on that day, to
                    > the high school students who saw something very odd fly over the
                    > school and beyond.
                    > These people know and remember what they saw....
                    > I prefer to accept the witness statements, because they are much more
                    > interesting than your tired old "show me the evidence" stance.
                    > Cheers....George Simpson....AUFORN Vic...

                  • George
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 3, 2006
                      That's fair enough Bill.....
                      The fact is it does not matter if you believe it or not.
                      Something happened.....plenty of people saw the same thing at the same time.  Young and old.
                      You can say whatever you like.

                      My own opinion is that witness accounts of the event do matter.  You skeptics just dismiss everything that cannot be tested in a lab.
                      That's fair enough if you want to be like that, I really don't care.

                      Every witness I have met and spoken to in regard to this case has been totally sincere and genuine, in my opinion.
                      They have nothing to gain, except maybe ridicule. Especially from skeptics.
                      I'm not interested in people demanding 'hard evidence', it's much more interesting talking to the witnesses who were there. If you listen to them you might even learn something about the nature of the event.
[...]

                        PS Trixi: Check back weekly for Trixi's latest update

                      • George
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
                          Hey Dee, I look forward to meeting you, and I hope you get something out of the meeting. I'm pretty sure you will.
                          Cheers...George.