Another witness reports!

  • Shane L.J. Ryan
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2005
      Dear Members,

      I have recently been in contact with another witness who was a Form 4
      student at Westall High School and a resident of Fairbank Road in
      1966.

      He has quite clear memories of that day and recalls visiting The Pines
      area of The Grange after school on 6 April and seeing the flattened
      grass circle, "twisted in one direction". He has examined the aerial
      photo and believes the circle was probably just off the photo at the
      bottom right (south-west). This would place the circle at or near the
      current soccer field in The Grange Reserve, or between the soccer
      field and the tennis court. He remembers only one circle, and never
      heard his classmates talk about more than one circle. Many of his
      classmates saw the flying saucer, he did not. He is adamant there was
      no circle (to his knowledge) near Fairbank Road in the market gardens
      area. It was, rather, south of what is now Osborne Avenue, in an area
      which in those days was a dirt track extending from Osborne Avenue
      which finished at Worsley Avenue. He thinks maybe the clearing,
      containing the circle, appears at the very bottom right corner of the
      aerial photo, but is more likely to be an area just off that photo.

      He has no recollection of the authorities being there as such, but
      does seem to recall that after a time access to the circle was stopped
      by "somebody". He visited the circle several times with school friends
      and family members the days after 6 April, as well as on the day
      itself.

      As a former resident of the area he has been very helpful in giving me
      information about the owners and or tenants of the land in question,
      as well as the nearby market garden farms. I am continuing to chase up
      these leads.

      I have invited him to join the web site if he wishes.

      He describes the circle as "if a large disc had just come down on the
      grass and then taken off again."

      Well, if there is any other news from anyone out there I would be
      happy to hear it!

      Until then,

      Shane.
    • George
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2005
        Hey Shane, I'd like to volunteer my services in regards to taking witnesses back to the sites where the circles appeared, photograph them and report it and post the photos and any interviews etc to the website.
        Of course, the witnesses would have to agree. ( I live about 20 mins from Westall.)
        P.S.....A few weeks ago a friend of mine and I took Norman B. to the soccer field site to try to locate the actual landing area, but he had great difficulty because the visual cues have changed over the years along with the terrain, and it has been 40 years.
        The quicksand warning notices are still on the fence , which is something that Norm can remember seeing on the Saturday in 1966, along with the distant high tension towers near the school.
        Maybe the new witness would have enough of an idea to really pinpoint the spot. I'm sure the website members would like to see photos of the site at the Grange as it appears today, and it would help Norm to revisit the place too.
        Cheers...George.
[...]

        Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
      • wjr2000
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2005
          Dear Shayne,

          I read this information with interest, however, it is important to note that in 1966, it would have been impossible for a flying saucer to land in the Grange Reserve area because it was a heavily wooded area with pine trees on one side and oleanders the other. There was definately no grassed paddocks in the area. Val Street who's family was the last to live at The Grange remembers the area very well.

          I remember that Westall High School could be seen very easily from the landing site.

          Sincerely

          Wayne Robinson

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2005
            Hi Wayne,
                            it's one thing to speculate, but there are several eye witnesses who saw the landing circle at the Grange.
            Cheers...George Simpson...Auforn Vic.

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 1, 2005
              Dear George,

              It is not speculation. It is fact, the landing circle was not at The Grange - I saw it the day of the landing. It was much closer to the school and was in a flat, empty paddock.

              Regards

              Wayne Robinson

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2005
                Hi Wayne, it's very nice to hear from another eye witness.
                There are a thousand questions I'd like to ask you, as would other witnesses who have joined this fantastic website of Shane Ryan's.
                 There are many witnesses who saw one circle at the Grange as well as the one you saw.
                There was also another behind a factory in Eileen grove, about a kilometer south of the school, beyond the Grange park. People saw the authorities bulldoze that one and load it onto a truck and cart it off. Nowdays there is a house built on the spot.
                There is another witness who swears that there was two circles in the paddock just across from the school, where you saw one. The one you saw was probably closer to Fairbank rd, which was photographed by a local UFO researcher.
                 I have seen that photo, but unfortunately I no longer have access to it  ( and hell will freeze over before I'll ever be given access again).  I'll have to try to do a sketch of the photograph ...from memory.
                I know of another witness who says her brother was at the high school, and he says one came down on the school football oval, and that after that the kids didn't like to play football there after that because the ground was so hard that it was like falling onto concrete there where the thing had landed.
                I believe all of these witnesses are truthful and genuine in their recollections of these events.
                I also believe that much more went on , but as a result of the schools policy to clamp down on the story, we might never know the whole story.
                Cheers....George Simpson.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 27, 2007
                  Dear group members,

                  You may be interested to know that another witness has in the last few
                  days reported to me that she was in Form 2 at Westall High School in
                  1966 - and in Mr Greenwood's science class in fact. She is adamant
                  that the flying saucer touched down on, or very near to, the ground on
                  the school oval. She and others saw it as it was ascending from the
                  oval, and she remembers seeing the impressions left behind on the
                  oval. She also remembers it flying away over to paddocks beyond the
                  school where it also came down, leaving behind more marks in the grass.

                  This witness, named Marilyn, has very vivid memories of this day -
                  and, as always, I have invited her to tell her story here on the
                  website.

                  I hope that she will.

                  Best wishes,

                  Shane.
                • James Molesworth
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 27, 2007
                    G'day all.

                    As an assistant to and friend of Paul Norman, one of the initial investigators of the case, and having discussed his recollections with him, I would be very interested to hear if anyone remembers speaking to one of the three investigators who attended from VUFORS, whether Paul, Judith Magee, or Peter Norris, and what they recall telling them.
                    Paul would also appreciate hearing any such recollections, as he is now ninety-one and while he seems to remember the events of '66 quite clearly, he would appreciate any help in aiding his recall.

                    Sincerely,
                    James T. Molesworth

                    "Shane L.J. Ryan" <shaneryan@...> wrote:>
                    > Dear group members,
                    >
                    > You may be interested to know that another witness has in the last few
                    > days reported to me that she was in Form 2 at Westall High School in
                    > 1966 - and in Mr Greenwood's science class in fact. She is adamant
                    > that the flying saucer touched down on, or very near to, the ground on
                    > the school oval. She and others saw it as it was ascending from the
                    > oval, and she remembers seeing the impressions left behind on the
                    > oval. She also remembers it flying away over to paddocks beyond the
                    > school where it also came down, leaving behind more marks in the grass.
                    >
                    > This witness, named Marilyn, has very vivid memories of this day -
                    > and, as always, I have invited her to tell her story here on the
                    > website.
                    >
                    > I hope that she will.
                    >
                    > Best wishes,
                    >
                    > Shane.
                  • Diane Frola
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 27, 2007
                      Hi James

                      It might be a good idea for Paul to note everything he can remember
                      about the Westall case and share what he has and what he can recall
                      with this list maybe via you James -------- this is a two way street?

                      VUFORS have not been too forth coming with information they have re
                      this case so I find this request of others to help Pauls recall slightly one
                      sided.

                      Good luck :) James

                      --
                      Warmest Regards

                      Diane Frola

                      Editor Hard Evidence Magazine
                      www.hardevidencemagazine.com.au

                      Co Editor The UFOlogist Magazine
                      www.ufologistmagazine.com

                      National Director
                      The Australian UFO Research Network
                      www.auforn.com

                      ---- James Molesworth <jtmol1@...> wrote:
                      > G'day all.
                      >
                      > As an assistant to and friend of Paul Norman, one of the initial investigators of the case, and having discussed his recollections with him, I would be very interested to hear if anyone remembers speaking to one of the three investigators who attended from VUFORS, whether Paul, Judith Magee, or Peter Norris, and what they recall telling them.
                      > Paul would also appreciate hearing any such recollections, as he is now ninety-one and while he seems to remember the events of '66 quite clearly, he would appreciate any help in aiding his recall.
                      >
                      > Sincerely,
                      > James T. Molesworth
                      >
                      > "Shane L.J. Ryan" <shaneryan@...> wrote:>
                      > > Dear group members,
                      > >
                      > > You may be interested to know that another witness has in the last few
                      > > days reported to me that she was in Form 2 at Westall High School in
                      > > 1966 - and in Mr Greenwood's science class in fact. She is adamant
                      > > that the flying saucer touched down on, or very near to, the ground on
                      > > the school oval. She and others saw it as it was ascending from the
                      > > oval, and she remembers seeing the impressions left behind on the
                      > > oval. She also remembers it flying away over to paddocks beyond the
                      > > school where it also came down, leaving behind more marks in the grass.
                      > >
                      > > This witness, named Marilyn, has very vivid memories of this day -
                      > > and, as always, I have invited her to tell her story here on the
                      > > website.
                      > >
                      > > I hope that she will.
                      > >
                      > > Best wishes,
                      > >
                      > > Shane.
                    • James Molesworth
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 27, 2007
                        G'day Diane and list.

                        I am far too junior and new at VUFORS to in any way represent them. At this point I am on this list on a purely personal basis, so I think it would be rather poor form for me to comment for or about VUFORS publicly in any way.
                        As for Paul, speaking purely as his friend, I feel he would probably be happy to record his recollections for the list, but he is rather cautious to be sure he remembers fully and correctly before he writes about it - accuracy is, quite properly, very important to him. Hence the request.
                        It was certainly not intended to be any sort of unilateral information hoarding exercise or the like, just a bloke who is friends with an old investigator and trying to help him remember clearly the events of '66.
                        Please do forgive me if I have offended anyone, it was certainly not my intention.

                        Most Sincerely,
                        James T. Molesworth

                      • Diane Harrison
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 28, 2007
                          On 28/06/2007, at 4:03 PM, James Molesworth wrote:

                          > G'day Diane and list.

                          Hi James

                          > I am far too junior and new at VUFORS to in any way represent them.

                          I don't see because you have only been involved with a group for a short
                          time as being "far to Junior" older members should welcome junior
                          members
                          and encourage them to play a more active roll.

                          > At this point I am on this list on a purely personal basis,
                          > so I think it would be rather poor form for me to comment on,
                          > for, or about VUFORS publicly in any way.

                          Not if you ask Paul if its okay for you to do so on his behalf.

                          > As for Paul, speaking purely as his friend, I feel he would
                          > probably be happy
                          > to record his recollections for the list, but he is rather cautious
                          > to be sure he remembers
                          > fully and correctly before he writes about it - accuracy is, quite
                          > properly, very important to
                          > him. Hence the request.

                          James we would like to read the reports & view the alleged photos
                          taken by Paul & Judith,
                          reports written some 40 years ago which we have been told they have
                          filed away somewhere.

                          All this pussyfooting around because someone is getting old, we''re
                          all getting old :) I'm not getting
                          any younger non of us are, so lets cut this sympathy CR about age as
                          we all have to go there someday
                          that life.

                          Paul had a perfect opportunity to sharpen his memory by attending
                          Westall's 40th anniversary, he didn't.

                          > It was certainly not intended to be any sort of unilateral
                          > information hoarding exercise or
                          > the like, just a bloke who is friends with an old investigator and
                          > trying to help him remember
                          > clearly the events of '66.

                          Please don't be offended by what some may have to to say about your
                          request.

                          Unfortunately Information hoarding is what VUFORS and other Old
                          members of the old school
                          have done for well over 40 years. If things are to change for the
                          better in the UFO field the
                          old school need to change their way of thinking or get out of the
                          field........ its that simple.

                          And if you're a UFO witness and I know there are a few on this list I
                          would make sure when telling
                          your story to "any UFO research or researcher" you make sure you know
                          what that researcher is
                          going to do with your information. Having your story locked away for
                          their eyes only won't help solve
                          this phenomena.

                          > Please do forgive me if I have offended anyone, it was
                          > certainly not my intention.

                          You have not offended me James however I feel I may have offended you
                          by me being so blunt sorry.

                          Please take the time to read the archives of this list and you will
                          see the trouble some have had while
                          trying to get information out of VUFORS & other old groups.

                          Regards Diane

                          > Most Sincerely,
                          > James T. Molesworth
                          >

                          > Diane Frola <auforn06@...> wrote:>
                          >> Hi James
                          >>
                          >> It might be a good idea for Paul to note everything he can remember
                          >> about the Westall case and share what he has and what he can recall
                          >> with this list maybe via you James -------- this is a two way street?
                          >>
                          >> VUFORS have not been too forth coming with information they have re
                          >> this case so I find this request of others to help Pauls recall
                          >> slightly
                          >> one
                          >> sided.
                          >>

                          >> Good luck :) James
                          >>
                          >> ---- James Molesworth <jtmol1@...> wrote:
                          >>> G'day all.
                          >>>
                          >>> As an assistant to and friend of Paul Norman, one of the initial
                          >>> investigators of the case, and having discussed his
                          >>> recollections
                          >>> with him, I would be very interested to hear if anyone
                          >>> remembers
                          >>> speaking to one of the three investigators who attended from
                          >>> VUFORS, whether Paul, Judith Magee, or Peter Norris, and
                          >>> what they
                          >>> recall telling them.
                          >>> Paul would also appreciate hearing any such recollections, as he
                          >>> is now ninety-one and while he seems to remember the events
                          >>> of '66
                          >>> quite clearly, he would appreciate any help in aiding his
                          >>> recall.
                          >>>
                          >>> Sincerely,
                          >>> James T. Molesworth

                          -------------------------------------
                          Warmest Regards

                          Diane Harrison/Frola

                          National Director
                          The Australian UFO Research Network
                          http://www.auforn.com
                          Diane@...

                          Editor Hard Evidence Magazine
                          http://www.hardevidencemagazine.com.au
                          Diane@...

                          Co Editor UFOlogist Magazine
                          http://www.ufologistmagazine.com
                          Email Diane@...

                          Coming Conference 2007

                          The 2nd International Scientific
                          & Metaphysical Symposium
                          http://www.auforn.com/sydneyconference2007.html
                        • George
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 28, 2007
                            Hi Diane, Hi James and group members.....
                                                                                          I learned the hard way as a result of once being connected with VUFORS.  The older leaders really have done untold damage to Victorian and Australian UFOLOGY with their attitudes etc over the last 30 years. I have personally experienced the result, and not long after that I left.
                            I don't think that damage will ever be undone, VUFORS will always be regarded as the "Basket Case" by other Australian organisations, and with good reason.

                             Di, the situation has changed at VUFORS recently....since the President retired last year, and Paul is really amazing how he keeps on going.   He does need help to remember things these days.
                            The chances are that the new, younger people in VUFORS will do their utmost to gather and release their files in their members only publication, for their members, in order to update this case in light of recent events, with this website, the re-union etc. etc. .
                            With this case, any information, old or new , will be good for members of this forum, who were also there.  It is a race against time because many of the witnesses have died over the past 41 years, obviously.

                            James, If I had any relevant information I'd gladly share it, even though the older folks in VUFORS have been clammed up tight over the last 2 or 3 decades, you younger people are the only hope for the remaining witnesses.

                            It's ineptitude and incompetance that are the enemy here, so hopefully the newer , younger members will take on more responsibility and get the job done.
                            This is Australian History we are talking about, whether UFO related or not, and it deserves to be public property.

                            B.T.W.  Please note...there seems to be a belief that VUFORS has plenty of interesting files and articles that they are sitting on. The president once gave me a box of files from their garage, all of it was collected magazine articles and newspaper clippings...all public domain stuff, and really tedious and boring to wade through.  About 75% of it was pretty useless.
                            I wish James luck in finding the interesting cases and articles, before they are lost for ever.

                            P.S. Everything I have written here was absolutely true and correct at the time of writing.       28  June 2007.

                            Cheers...George S.   AUFORN Vic.

                            On 28/06/2007, at 4:03 PM, James Molesworth wrote:

                            > G'day Diane and list.

                            Hi James

                            http://www.auforn. com
                            Diane@auforn. com