Paddock to the west of Marquis property.

  • Shane Ryan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      Dear members,

      Bill Marquis has kindly been in contact with me to let me know that he has shown a copy of the Australian UFO Bulletin photo from Westall to his father. His father farmed the property in Fairbank Road immediately south of the high school - and in which some have placed the location of the circles.

      Mr Marquis, senior, has commented that the photo, showing the line of trees and a house in the background, looks as though it was taken on his neighbour's property, that of the Saunders family, immediately west of the Marquis farm. He thinks the photographer may have been looking west, as a line of trees ran north-south on the Saunders' property, and partly surrounded the house and other buildings. The Saunders' property  was south-west of the Westall schools, further along Fairbank Road towards Main Road and Clayton Road.

      Does this ring any bells for anyone?

      Does anyone have any contacts for this Saunders family?

      Best wishes,

      Shane.

      PS: Terry Brown at the Herald Sun is still keen to talk to a witness or two - even anonymously - for a story in the paper this coming week - before the reunion!!

      Shane L.J. Ryan
      DipJpnStd BTh MA GradCertTESOL GradDipTESOL [cand.]
      30 Renny Place
      BELCONNEN  ACT  2617
      AUSTRALIA
      home telephone: 02 6253 2347