Aerial photograph of Westall.

  • shanelj1967
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2005
      Dear members,

      I am pleased to advise that an aerial photograph of Westall - kindly
      supplied by George Simpson - has been posted on the site. The photo
      was taken - it is thought - in March 1966. It clearly shows the
      farmland area between Fairbank Road and The Grange Nature Reserve.
      Some people have placed the circle(s) in this farmland near Fairbank
      Road; others place the circle(s) in The Grange Nature Reserve, on the
      other side of what is now Osborne Avenue.

      It is hoped that this photo will aid people in remembering and
      indicating the location of the traces associated with the Westall
      incident - namely the circle(s). It may also help others in
      remembering the trajectory of the UFO.

      The exact location of the circle(s) - and their number - is not yet
      definite (at least in my mind). So far, the consensus seems to be
      "about three circles", at least one of which may have contained
      scorched grass.

      Just tonight I have received an email from a gentleman who worked in a
      factory in Eileen Road in Clayton South, and who remembers a circle
      being behind 11 Eileen Road, between Eileen Road and Glamorgan Street,
      in April 1966. He also clearly recalls "an army barricade" around the
      circle, which he remembers as being a burnt circle of grass. He is
      fairly sure that the police were also in attendance. Interestingly, he
      recalls that a day or two later, a bulldozer was at the site, and that
      loads of grass and soil were carted away.

      Once I have plotted all the trace sites as recalled by people, it will
      be interesting to see what it looks like!

      Slowly but surely, I am (and we are) getting closer to putting a
      handle on this thing - but we are not there yet!

      Best wishes,

      Shane.
    • George
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 22, 2005
        Hi Shane, and members....this is very interesting. I've never heard about this location before. It's directly South of the Westall Primary Schools position, as the crow flies...I'll have to go there and take some photos for everyone to see. It's 3 or 4 street blocks South of the school, Glenmorgan Close being 1 or 2 streets beyond the Grange. Having a precise address to look behind makes it easer to find the location, but of course they took away everything with their trucks.
        These are older residential streets, and possibly the place where the woman who claimed to see one near her house originated from. Well...possibly.
        Cheers...George.
[...]

        Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.