Happy 47th anniversary everybody - some photos to enjoy!

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2013
      It's the 6th of April...so happy forty-seventh anniversary of the Westall Incident everybody! Gee, doesn't time fly!!

      This year, to mark the anniversary, I am posting on the Westall Incident Facebook page some delightful photos taken at Westall in 1966 and 1963. One is taken from amongst the market garden fields of the Marquis family property, which was in Fairbank Road, opposite Westall State School (so between the schools' sports ground and The Grange). This photo looks towards the pine trees at The Grange, and was taken in May 1966, so just one month after the flying saucer was seen descending behind these very same pine trees! The next two photos were taken in November 1963, and one is a view over the Marquis' farm, looking towards The Grange, and taken from the power pylon that was (and is) in the south-west corner of the high school sports ground (adjacent to where Fairbank Road and Brady Avenue now intersect); the second is a view of Westall State School taken from the same vantage point, and includes a cow grazing on the sports ground of the high school!

      For all these photos, we have to thank Bill Marquis, former Westall State School student (in 1966), whose parents owned the farm. He and his family remember the flying saucer incident happening next door to their farm at the time. Thank you Bill.

      Have a nice day everyone.

      Shane.
    • Ian Cochrane
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2013

        Thanks Shane, and many thanks for the work that you and Rosie and Carmel and everyone has done over the years to try to find some answers.

        Ian