"The Giant Book of Useless Information" and Westall

  • scullydana49
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2012
      Details of the 1966 Westall event turn up in some unlikely places. I was browsing the shelves of my local library, when my attention was drawn to a book titled "The Giant Book of Useless Information," authored by Steve Sutton, and published in 2010 by Magpie Books, London. ISBN 978-1-84901-897-5. I picked the book up off the shelf and at random, turned to a page, page eleven as it happens. What did I see?

      "The Clayton Incident. On 6th June 1966, hundreds of people in Westall, Clayton, South Victoria, Australia spotted an alleged UFO in the sky. Students and teachers at two schools in Victoria fled their classrooms and reported seeing the object in the sky for up to twenty minutes, before it descended into a nearby field. Soon afterwards the object climbed rapidly upwards and flew away towards the northwest.

      Some observers later suggested that the departing object was pursued by five mysterious aircraft. Local police attended the scene, and later in the week uniformed men visited the site. These were probably representatives of the Australian Army and air force. After samples had been taken, the vegetation in the field was burnt, either to destroy evidence or cleanse the area. People who witnessed "The Clayton Incident" still gather for regular reunions."

      No sources of information are cited in the book, for the above text.

      I've posted this information on the Australian UFO blog at http://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com

      You might wish to look at the blog for information on other Australian and overseas UFO related material.