"Cold case" review of Westall

  • keithbasterfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
      Hi all

      I have spent time in the last year or so conducting "cold case" investigations of a number of older Australian UFO cases (see http://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com for the results.) I have looked to find original source material on these cases, in such places as the State Library of South Australia; the National Archives of Australia and the National library of Australia.

      These "cold case" reviews have revealed that, once you find original source material, and not rely on modern Internet based sources, a number of older Australian cases can be seen to have some deficiences. On the positive side, some reviews have added to the view that the event was a "core" UFO case.

      I have decided to commence my "cold case" review of Westall by looking for original source material on Andrew Greenwood's observations. So far I have viewed the Dandenong Journal article of 21 April 1966; and the material on Westall, in Ann Druffel's book "Firestorm." I am now looking to locate a copy of the audio taped interview between Andrew Greenwood and James E McDonald from 1967.

      On the website at http://www.wolfvideo.net/ufo/jamesmcdonaldarchive.htm
      I note that Disc 43 has a 26 minute 45 second audio tape interview between the two parties recorded June 28 1967.

      Has anyone on this group, a copy of this audio tape?

      Regards

      Keith Basterfield.
    • George S
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2012
        Hi Keith,
                     I'm pretty sure Shane has it, he seemed to on the Westall DVD. He ordered it from the United States.

        Cheers...George