Operation Crowflight

  • keithbasterfield
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2010
      Hi all

      A couple of years ago I posted here about the possibility that the Westall event might have been something to do with a United States Air Force program called Operation Crowflight. Crowflight flew U-2 and JB-57 (later RB57 and RB-57F) aircraft, initially out of the RAAF base at East Sale, then from RAAF base Laverton and the Department of Supply airfield at Avalon. The Operation started in 1960 and ran until 1966. The first information I came across suggested the possibility that it was going on when the Westall event happened.

      Suggestions from people who saw the Westall UFO, that some of the personnel who attended the site wore USAF uniforms, seemed to tie in with the possibility of Crowflight involvement.

      I have recently made time to re-visit the National Archives of Australia (NAA) wesbite and take another, more in-depth, read of the files I had the NAA digitise some years ago.

      In particularly I studied formely "Secret" file 694/7/22 titled "United States high altitude air sampling, 'Crowflight.'" My reading of papers on this file now indicates that the Crowflight U-2 aircraft were withdrawn by 1 March 1965, and that all Crowflight aircraft left Australia by the end of February 1966.

      One U-2 did return to Australia in 1966, under the HICAT program. According to a Bureau of Meteorology paper it flew 11 flights from RAAF Laverton between 19 July and 11 August 1966.

      My conclusion now, based on a new study of the relevant Australian Government files is that no Operation Crowflight were in Australia at the time of the Westall event.

      I know that to some members of this group,looking for other than UFO explanations is a waste of time. However, my thoughts are that sceptics will continue to put forwrad suggestions that a "secret aircraft" was the cause of the Westall event. Better that we do the homework on this, so that we can confidently state that, at least, no Crowflight aircraft were involved, according to official Australian Government files.

      I welcome constructive feedback on this post.
    • George S
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2010
        Hi Keith,
                     what you have done is what I would call 'Fantastic work'. Research that rules out suggested alternatives can only support the original hypothesis, whatever the case may be.
        Well done.
        Cheers....George Simpson....AUFORN Victoria.

[...]

      • Christopher Jerome
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
          hey there peoples.

          I very much doubt that what you saw long long before I was even born, took off from RAAF Laverton. I saw the drawings of the craft(s) (was there one, or two?) It does not look like anything that was made here, or in the USA. Unless we are being lied to again.

          I know what I saw in McCrae Street Dandenong was not from this world.

          I also saw their faces. NOT HUMAN, unless there is an unknown country, and people that exists.. I wont forget.

          I will never forget...

          never forget!

          You people are NOT crazy. You saw something they did not want you to see.
        • Christopher Jerome