Mr George Mueller - teacher?

  • Shane Ryan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
      G'day all!

      I have a quick question for the former Westall High School students.

      Does anyone recall a Mr George Mueller on staff at WHS in 1966? A student remembers him being present on the day of the sighting - helping to get students back into class.

      Any ideas?

      Cheers,

      Shane.

      Shane L.J. Ryan

    • lessullivan6969
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
        Hi George Mueller was Senior Master with Gwen Alexander Senior Mistress in 1966 and ? Mc Cubbin was Head Master my sister was school captain and head prefect and house captain for Lawson ( blue ) her name was Beverley McLeod and I recognised some of the students in the trailer for the documentary and yes I did see the UFO;s

        Mr Mueller told everyone not to talk to any reporters about what we saw otherwise there would be consequences

        Regards Les Sullivan

        --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, Shane Ryan <shaneryan@...> wrote:

        > G'day all!
        >
        > I have a quick question for the former Westall High School students.
        >
        > Does anyone recall a Mr George Mueller on staff at WHS in 1966? A
        > student remembers him being present on the day of the sighting -
        > helping to get students back into class.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Shane.
        >

        > Shane L.J. Ryan
        > shaneryan@...

      • P B
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
          I was too young to be at Westall High in 1966, but my sister's fiance was there and saw the UFOs - somehow the subject of UFOs came up a couple of Christmases ago, and he told me all about what he saw at Westall so I knew about it long before the documentary was screened.  I was overseas when it first screened, and only found out about it a few weeks ago.  He also tells me he rang a radio station to talk about it the day after the first screening.

          Just for the record, I fully believe there were two unidentified flying objects which flew near the school and landed nearby on April 6 1966, and which (equally unidentified) personnel subsequently tried to cover up, bury and distort for reasons unknown.  No question in my mind about any of that.

          There are some unsatisfactory loose ends for me, as an outsider hearing the whole story, and I'd like to ask some questions here.  The questions are for clarification, and are not out of disbelief!

          • Does anyone recall having any conversations with any teachers post-school, in the '70s, '80s or beyond, about exactly why they felt the need to tell all the students to keep quiet about it?  I.e., did it seem to be a directive just from the headmaster, from somewhere else, or do you think they did it just to keep some peace and order at the school?  Looking at it now in 2010, an era in which 'freedom of expression' for children is encouraged, forbidding them to speak about such an experience would be totally frowned upon and be considered extremely harmful, or at best, a good way of teaching them that burying your head in the sand is the right way to deal with things you don't understand or might find fearsome.
          • In the documentary, it's mentioned that a girl passed out, was attended to by ambulance officers, taken away and never seen at the school again.  This anecdote is presented in animated form in the documentary.  The girl remains nameless, though someone at the school must have known who she was, and there is no apparent attempt to follow up the story or to identify or find the girl.  I'm not entirely satisfied by this and I don't think it adds anything to the credibility of the overall story.  Does anyone know who this girl was, and was there some reason why no further investigation seems to have been done?  Am I just supposed to be content thinking she was taken away for scientific experiments, or that she went mad?
          • Can anyone other than Victor corroborate his story of being able to go up as close to the UFOs as he claims he did?  To me, his story just seems inconsistent with everyone else's in some way, who all talk about the UFOs being some distance away from them.

          Not so much a question than an observation - I feel incredibly sorry for Andrew Greenwood, at the time a young bloke with obviously an intense interest in science, being badgered and threatened into silence about possibly the most extraordinary scientific phenomenon he or anyone else is like to witness.  I thought it was absolutely terrible that he is unwilling to go on camera and talk about it to this day, though no one could blame him for that.  I really felt intensely sad for him.

          I'll post more questions as I think of them!

          By the way, the documentary is due to be rescreened on Sci Fi at 8.30 this Thursday September 16 (2 hours later on Sci Fi +2).

          Pete
        • parschelle
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2010
            Hi Pete,

            I was at Westall in 1966 and although people keep saying there were several UFOs in my mind there has only ever been one.

            The girl presented in the documentary is Tanya who came running into my science class shouting "Mr Greenwood, Mr Greenwood, flying saucer, flying saucer!" My memory may not be great about other things but that I remember as clear as day, even though some say it was a boy who came running into the classroom.

            There were many rumors going around at the time about Tanya. Some say she actually touched the flying saucer and thats when she passed out. I don't remember any ambulances though. There was a rumor she had gone to a funny farm when she did not come back to school.

            I believe her entire family moved away overnight and it was denied they had ever lived there.

            I now believe that this was not something from outer space but a man made thing that should not have been and hence the cover up. There have been many, many UFO stories, some almost unbelievable, but we still heard about them. What was so different about Westall that it had to be covered up by military?

            My guess is we'll never really know.

            --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, P B <pete3194@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > Not so much a question than an observation - I feel incredibly sorry for Andrew Greenwood, at the time a young bloke with obviously an intense interest in science, being badgered and threatened into silence about possibly the most extraordinary scientific phenomenon he or anyone else is like to witness. I thought it was absolutely terrible that he is unwilling to go on camera and talk about it to this day, though no one could blame him for that. I really felt intensely sad for him.
            >
            > I'll post more questions as I think of them!
            >
            > By the way, the documentary is due to be rescreened on Sci Fi at 8.30 this Thursday September 16 (2 hours later on Sci Fi +2).

          • P B
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 11, 2010
              Thanks for your reply (I got one from Shane privately also which I'll be passing on to my sister).

              Very intriguing about Tanya, and yes I guess we do have to resign ourselves, this far down the track, to the fact that there is much we'll never get told.

              I gather there was a fair bit of "banned" private talk amongst the kids about all this for a fair while after it happened.  After all, tell kids not to do something... ;)  And that's gratifying to consider because suppression of all communication about this would have been a very bad and detrimental thing indeed.

              I have to say, I'm on your side about it being some sort of scientific experiment that got out of control (in other words that it, or they, was/were of this world rather than another), but also that it was seen by just a few too many more people than ever would have been intended.  I myself believe that's the reason for the cover up.  50,000,000 Elvis fans can't be wrong, and 200 students, all saying they saw the same thing, can't be disbelieved either.  However it has to be said that the way they (whoever "they" were - the military, ASIO, both, or whoever) went about the aftermath was absolutely atrocious - typically atrocious, one might say.  Instead of just saying "we don't know what it was either", and leaving a big question mark over the whole thing, they bullied, harrassed, contradicted and discredited MINORS.  They created more curiosity by their actions of confiscating film (or an entire camera), then presumably by destroying evidence, confiscating or destroying news footage, threatening possibly more than just the one person we know about...  Why not let the whole thing rest?  This is why I agree it was a "local" (Earthly) phenomenon.  There was obviously some major face-saving going on because there'd been a big-time screw up and they panicked.  But it still doesn't explain why it all needed to be so secret, unless what you witnessed was a level of scientific ingenuity so innovative that it STILL defies explanation by today's scientific standards.... and that's what I believe it was.  Sometimes the most mysterious things aren't "out there" somewhere.... they're right here on our doorstep.

              Like I said - far too many people saw this for the authorities' liking.  It reminds me of a portion of the radio series Hitch-Hiker's Guide to The Galaxy, which appeared later in one of the books:

              'Unfortunately I got stuck on the Earth for rather longer than I indended', said Ford. 'I came for a week and got stuck for fifteen years.'

              'But how did you get there in the first place then?'

              'Easy, I got a lift with a teaser.'

              'A teaser?'

              'Yeah.'

              'Er, what is...'

              'A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.'

              'Buzz them?' Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult for him.

              'Yeah,' said Ford, 'they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one's ever going to believe and them strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae on their head and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.'

              It's very true.  One yokel in the outback they can cope with.  200 students (and a fair number of adults) all with the same story... that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

              Pete

              To: Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com
              From: parschelle@...
              Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 22:12:25 +0000