Re: Re-Balwyn Photo

  • westisall
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
      G'Day Shane

      Thank you very much for the reply.

      Regarding Firemen;

      >The fireman has quite good memories about the route the fire truck travelled to reach The Grange, and where they went once they got there. He also remembers a large number of people, many school children, milling around talking about the flying saucer which had been seen, but which had by that time apparently flown away.<

      I gather from what you wrote they attended to a circle "in the Grange" did you asked them to describe the circle was there any fence obstructing their access?

      You know; A rough guesstimate of size was there just one there? The lay of the grass in the circle, was it scorched etc, if they have no difficulty in remembering in the route they took to get there then they should have a good memory of the circle/s

      >I am not a photographic expert<

      Don't sell yourself short Shane.

      You don't need to be an expert, reading Bill's site regarding the Westall Incident I immediately see Bills Photo is a photo of a photo of the Balwyn UFO, yours is scanned, is it the original from the witness?

      It's just pure observation that's all.

      Polariod cameras were basically a box brownie that gave you an instant picture, colour came out in 63 I think.

      Each pack gave you ten photos, they were not cheap.

      The ones sold to the general public were for happy snaps, a birthday party or a gathering of the clan out in the back yard the focal length is set (although some had a scene selector)

      That's all the technical stuff out the way.

      Now looking at the photo you posted is the object clearer (more in focus) than the chimney?

      If the answer is yes you have a problem that is not a thirty foot wide object and it is not 150 feet in the air (roughly).

      It is roughly 4 to 8 inches wide, 15 feet in the air and the camera is 15 feet from the vertical line of the object give or take 5 feet either way because I don't know the exact size of the object.

      Next;
      Do you agree that is a reflection of the background on the side of the object.

      If the answer is yes it shouldn't be there on a thirty foot object a 150 feet in the air the reflection would be all sky from the observers point of view on the ground.

      If you put a dot in the centre of the vertical width of the reflection and close to the rim (because it is not a perfect half sphere)that is where it is been viewed from by the witness/camera.

      To make that clear if you could fix the object in the air and walk towards it, the reflection follows you so now you are under it looking up you will see the reflection as a half circle starting on the rim arcing around and finishing back on the rim walk out and the reflection follows you picking up the background as you see in the photo which works out to be roughly 15 foot high and 15 foot from the vertical line.(roughly)

      >I can say, however, that a Westall witness recently said to me that it is exactly like the object she witnessed at Westall that day (four days after this photo - a Polaroid photo - was taken).<

      That's fine, now I understand, however apart from the fact that books/webpages have been around quite a while alluding to that possibility my point was and still is, amalgamating the two cases (and the photo is proved to be a fake) doesn't do much for the credibility for Westall you with me? It should stand alone.

      >Also, the photographer, still, after all these years, insists that it is a genuine photo. After the passage of 44 years, who would go on insisting that a faked photo was real? For what possible gain? Surely you would give up the lie, after all those years?<

      What choice does he have?

      There are people who have lied for God claiming to have found religious artifacts found Noah's Ark and on their death bed confession still insist it is all true.

      Ufology is no different.

      Mind you I think they should make sure they are buried in an asbestos suit.

      Cheers better go to bed Cheers Les

      --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, "Shane" <shaneryan@...> wrote:

      > Hi Les,
      >
      > Thanks for your email.
      >
      > Yes, the fireman from Springvale turned out with his crew in response to an emergency call from a resident or residents of Westall. There was no fire found, and the fire brigade did not start one either!
      >
      > Regarding the Balwyn photo - I am not a photographic expert. I can say, however, that a Westall witness recently said to me that it is exactly like the object she witnessed at Westall that day (four days after this photo - a Polaroid photo - was taken).
      >
      > Also, the photographer, still, after all these years, insists that it is a genuine photo. After the passage of 44 years, who would go on insisting that a faked photo was real? For what possible gain? Surely you would give up the lie, after all those years? Just my thoughts.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Shane.

    • westisall
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
        G'Day folks, Shane.

        Just a correction I re-read an earlier post and see the photo is the original and fireman not men. Cheers Les