Westall makes "The Telegraph's" list of top 10 UFOs!

  • Shane Ryan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2009

      Dear list members,

      You may be interested to know that the Westall incident has been included in a list of the world's top ten UFO sightings, in an article in the UK's Telegraph newspaper. Please see the link below for more details. Westall is the only Australian incident included in the international list!!

      There is also an accompanying three-part compilation of UFO photos from around the world which you may want to have a look at. If you are a Westall witness perhaps you could have a look and see if any of the objects therein resemble what you saw at Westall. (There are no Westall photos [!], but the Balwyn one is there.)

      Enjoy - and comments are welcome as always.

      Regards,

      Shane.

      Depending on your email program, you may be able to click on the link in the email. Alternatively, you may have to open a web browser, such as Firefox or Internet Explorer, and copy the link over into the address bar.

      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/6041498/UFO-Files-top-10-UFO-sightings.html

      For the best content online, visit www.telegraph.co.uk

      Shane L.J. Ryan
      DipJpnStd BTh MA GCertTESOL

    • Konrad Pecelerowicz
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2009
        Below these ten incidents there have been given explanations to them. Regarding Westall incident the so called explanation is as follows:

        Australian Skeptics, a non-profit organisation which investigates paranormal and pseudo-scientific claims by using scientific methodologies, believed that the object was an experimental military aircraft.

        As a new member of the list I'd like to ask you whether you believe in it or not :)

        Regards,
        Konrad

        Dnia 19-08-2009 o godz. 1:54 Shane Ryan napisał(a):

[...]

        Największe wydarzenie sportowe roku!
        Nie przegap tych emocji
        Kliknij po więcej:
        http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http://corto.www.wp.pl/as/eurobasket2009-2.html&sid=830
      • Bill Chalker
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009
          Hi Konrad,

          Welcome to the list.

          Well the Australian Skeptics have not done any credible investigation of this affair, to the best of my knowledge, so their suggestion of "an experimental military aircraft" is based on nothing that utilises "scientific methodologies" other than perhaps a dubious application of Occam's Razor, that is, to them such an explanation might require fewer assumptions than others.

          If the Skeptics have really "scientific" evidence to back this up, i.e. real evidence, I would love to see it.

          Regards,

          Bill Chalker

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009
            Hello Konrad,

            The reference to the Australian Skeptics has just been lifted from an article on the Westall incident in "The Sunday Age" newspaper from a couple of years ago, which can also be found on this web site.

            In all likelihood it was just a general remark in response to the reporter's question. There is no evidence to suggest that the Australian Skeptics have ever looked at this incident in detail.

            As for their interpretation of the event, I personally acknowledge that as a possible - and obvious - solution. However, in my opinion, none of the actual evidence as I have gathered it so far, in particular the witnesses' stories, supports the idea that the flying object seen was an experimental aircraft. The disparity between the witnesses' descriptions of how the flying object looked and flew, and how one would expect an aircraft from 1966 - or even 2009 - to look and fly, is just too great. If there really were such aircraft capable of such flight in 1966, I would really like to know what became of them. Where are they now? I would like to book a ticket on such a flight and travel from Canberra to Warsaw (for example)!

            But, the Skeptics might be right - and, I of course, take a sceptical approach myself. However, it's the evidence that is important, for whatever angle you are argueing from.

            Thank you.

            Shane.
          • Konrad Pecelerowicz
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 27, 2009
              Shane, Bill,

              thank you for your interesting opinions. It did give me food for thought.
              I also wondered why there is no 'fllying saucers airlines' as a result of experimental works of the black bugdet governmental agencies back in 50' up to 80'. If they had invented brand new technologies which helped them to create that kind of vehicles, by now we all would be travelling using them instead of airbus-falling-from-the-sky machines :/ The argument of military purpose of them doesn't convince me.

              As for the 10 best UFO incidents I'd like to mention a well-known Ruwa Incident in Zimbabwe 1994. I'm sure you heard of it. If not, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDuFVb9lKaY This incindent is so interesting particulary becasue there were also many school children involved.

              Sorry for my poor english.

              Greetings
              Konrad

              P.S.
              Shane, it would be great to welcome you in front of my house near Warsaw getting off the flying saucer :)

              Dnia 27-08-2009 o godz. 2:31 shanelj1967 napisał(a):

[...]

              Jestem Przyjacielem - Artyści Dzieciom,
              koncerty, imprezy, konkursy.
              Zobacz: http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http://corto.www.wp.pl/as/Gdynia_pozegnanie_lata.html&sid=845