Anniversary

  • westisall
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2008
      G' Day Gang.

      Well there goes another anniversary another year, where did it go. I
      don't know if there was a re-union held this time just thought I'd
      say hello to everyone.

      Sometime back I was going over my little find that I put on the board
      a while back reading the part about James Mcdonald in the article
      being out here in 67 stirred me into action once more.

      I had tried on numerous occasions before to find any work relating to
      his Australian visit and that goes for Hynek on the net as well, who
      did they meet what was giving to them by Ufologist here (meaning
      their best cases?)

      Finally bingo.

      It appears to be the complete works of James Mcdonald's his
      collection of material over the years including his visit to
      Australia in 67.

      However there's a problem, just a small one, where it is displayed on
      the net it is not stored there (made contact) I was giving a new
      serial number and sent to the right place, however the number has
      changed again, so to save anyone time please contact me and I will be
      able give you the info that will take you right up to the box it's
      stored in.

      You can't get to read anything you will have to buy a copy from them.

      I have been waiting for a reply to some question before telling
      anyone so as to not give anyone a bum-steer as to what there is in
      more depth, I'm still waiting.

      However this is what I have found out so far;

      >Hi Les,
      There's a `Summary of Unidentified Aerial Sightings, …
      Canberra ,..from 1960'
      Misc clippings of short newspaper articles
      Letters from invididuals about sightings in various locations;
      letters from chanel 2GB about program
      Photocopy of listing in FSR (?) 12/4 July/Aug 1966 about Westfall
      High—mostly summary of article in Dandenomg Journal of April 21 1966;
      another clipping, same paper & day title "Who were 5 pilots?';
      another same paper, date Aril 14 `Flying saucer Myestery'
      In folder Australian Photos
      Lettter (copy) from Paul Zeck to PE Norris: re; photos and tape of
      interview with John Coyle 2 pp; some clippings;
      2 color photos, written on rear `Balwyn 4-2-66' (object in sky) &
      8 black and white photos no notes on reverse ; images of object in
      sky, fields below<

      The above is only in answer to my question regarding Westall and
      Balwyn.

      On the Website is this;

      >Australia: Auckland: Brunt, A. J..
      Australia: Clips.
      Australia: Haylock, Dan: Paynesville, Victoria.
      Australia: Nowra Naval Air Station 1954.
      Australian Correspondence: 1967.
      Australian Flying Saucer Magazine.
      Australian Miscellaneous Sightings: Slides, Sullivan, Westall school
      sightings.
      Australian Miscellany.
      Australian photos, JEM: Radio Station 2 GB.
      Australian photos, Balwyn and Coyle cases.
      Australian Sightings: Paul Norman.
      Australian Trip Materials: Sighting catalog cards.
      Australian Tully "nests" (photo).
      Australian UFO Bulletin: Victorian UFO Research Society<

      There doesn't appear to be much on Westall I was hoping to read his
      opinion/summary of the case, for some researcher/ufologist to give
      him copies of what they considered where good cases and/or current at
      the time, it was nice to see Westall get a mention.

      I hope this makes a good anniversary present.

      I promise to check my inbox on yahoo if anybody is interested.

      P.S does anybody know of Hynek's works he too visited Australia and
      as you know had established contact with the RAAF.

      That goes for other Ufologist/Researchers like Mrs Sutton and others
      surely their work is stored somewhere.

      Cheers for now Les
    • genevievehindman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2008
        Hello Les,

        I would be interested in getting the details of the website to read up
        on the material you have identified. It is good to know that there are
        some links to the press material published at the time.

        As one of the students who saw the UFOs I am keen to find out what I can.

        many thanks
        Gen

        --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, "westisall"
        <lesliemedew@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Australian Miscellany.
        > Australian photos, JEM: Radio Station 2 GB.
        > Australian photos, Balwyn and Coyle cases.
        > Australian Sightings: Paul Norman.
        > Australian Trip Materials: Sighting catalog cards.
        > Australian Tully "nests" (photo).
        > Australian UFO Bulletin: Victorian UFO Research Society<
        >
        > There doesn't appear to be much on Westall I was hoping to read his
        > opinion/summary of the case, for some researcher/ufologist to give
        > him copies of what they considered where good cases and/or current at
        > the time, it was nice to see Westall get a mention.
        >
        > I hope this makes a good anniversary present.
        >
        > I promise to check my inbox on yahoo if anybody is interested.
        >
        > P.S does anybody know of Hynek's works he too visited Australia and
        > as you know had established contact with the RAAF.
        >
        > That goes for other Ufologist/Researchers like Mrs Sutton and others

      • Leslie Medew
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2008
          G' Day Gen
          Yes sorry for being vague on the board but I'm still trying to get information from them and it is very slow.

          I didn't want them flooded with just onlookers.

          Here is where it is I first found it "but it is not there" and the collection number is wrong.

          This is the site they are stored at;

          Collection Summary

          Repository:Main Library Special Collections
          PO Box 210055
          Tucson, AZ 85721-0055
          Phone: 520-621-6423
          Fax: 520-621-9733
          Creator:McDonald, James E., 1920-
          Collection Name:James E. McDonald unidentified flying objects and related phenomenon papers,
          Dates: 1958-1971
          Physical Description:28.5 linear feet
          Collection Number:
          MS 421

          The person (archivist) that I'm now in contact with is;

           Scott Cossel

          Best of luck you will see mention of payment at the site on one of their pages, in one of my emails I pointed out, like you, mine was of a private nature that is not writing books or making a Doco however let me know the cost so I could tell others there has been no comment about payment as yet.

           I don't know if this puts you on the back burner however I have received some of what I was looking for.

          What I put on the board was all that they mention about Westall The D/Journals we already have there on the board as you probably know.

          I/you just can't get to see/go through the material, all of his Australian visit and see if there is any other mention or what was his conclusion etc.

          I suppose you really need to go there which I can't do.

          I'd really love to hear your story of "that day" Gen.

          Did you get to see a circle/s

          I'm the one that wanted everybody to pool their information so we could get closer to understanding that day in April.

          Better go and thank you Gen.

          Cheers Les.