Re: UFO 1966

  • marilyneastwood
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
      Hi George, sorry for the delay in my response,
      you may be interested to
      know that apparently there was a fire some years ago at channel 9 and
      some of thier archives were distroyed. I was told this recently, were
      you aware of this.
      Marilyn.

      --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, "George" <aufornvic@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey Marilyn, it's great that you have finally joined this list.
      > Many of the witnesses and ex students remember you from so long
      ago.
      > We had a re-union for the 40th anniversary of the Saucer sighting,
      which was held at the Grange, with the tennis club for a meeting
      room. It would have been great if you could have been there. Many ex
      students and teachers attended, as well as an independant film
      producer and her film crew, as did the Channel 9 News team. We told
      them about how the channel 9 news team were there 40 years earlier,
      and that they should use the old footage along with the new. The
      producer tried but could'nt get a hold of the old footage for the
      news segment.
      > How difficult is it going to be for anyone to get a hold of that
      old footage if channel 9 themselves can't get at it? Very
      interesting.
      > Anyway, welcome Marilyn, maybe you would like to post your story in
      more detail for everyone to read.
      > Cheers..George Simpson....Director AUFORN VIC (Australian UFO
      Research

    • marilyneastwood
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
        Hi Les,
        well where do I start, as you know I was a bit of a
        rebelious kid so when we were told about the UFO there was no
        stopping me.
        Yes, I knew we were not supposed to talk to the press but fortunately
        I was not the only rebelious child and a few of us were interveiwed
        by channel 9.
        I remember seeing myself on TV and thinking "thats me, I didnt know I
        had so many freckels."
        I recall your sister Dawn and I climbing the fence in the school oval
        we were crying and believed it was the end of the world.
        The UFO appeared to hover and decend below the horizon many times.
        For me, all else seemed insignificante, I was frightened but excited
        at the same time and with a little bit of persusion from me Dawn,
        myself and a few other students took off into the scrub to get a
        closer look.
        We found what appeared to be several depressions in the long grass in
        the shape of large circles, there was no grass on fire, at leased I
        didnt see any.
        Also there were several light aircraft in the area which appeared to
        be following the UFO's movements.
        How did I get to be in the paper, well the journal rang and asked if
        they could do an interview, I don't know how they got my details but
        it couldn't have been to hard.
        Incidentally, I gave your sister Dawn the only original paper
        clipping I had, she asked if I would loan it to her because she said
        you would like to see it. That was in 1980.
        I would really appreciate you returning it to me, if you still have
        it that would be great.
        Hope I have filled in a few gaps for you, I am flying interstate for
        a couple of weeks next Wednesday, so will talk to you then.
        Regards Marilyn.

        --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, "westisall"
        <lesliemedew@...> wrote:

        > G'Day Gang
        > G' Daaaaaaaay Marilyn.
        >
        > As George says I think people on the board as well as myself would
        > love to know your story what you remember of that day UFO/circle/s
        > like how your story in the journal came about did you see the
        channel
        > nine footage on TV, your detention Etc, Oh hell anything you can
        > remember when you've got time.
        >
        > Anyways glad you to see you on the board, good to hear from you.
        >
        > Cheers for now Les
        >

        > --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, "George" <aufornvic@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey Marilyn, it's great that you have finally joined this list.
        > > Many of the witnesses and ex students remember you from so long
        > ago.
        > > We had a re-union for the 40th anniversary of the Saucer
        sighting,
        > which was held at the Grange, with the tennis club for a meeting
        > room. It would have been great if you could have been there. Many
        ex
        > students and teachers attended, as well as an independant film
        > producer and her film crew, as did the Channel 9 News team. We told
        > them about how the channel 9 news team were there 40 years earlier,
        > and that they should use the old footage along with the new. The
        > producer tried but could'nt get a hold of the old footage for the
        > news segment.
        > > How difficult is it going to be for anyone to get a hold of that
        > old footage if channel 9 themselves can't get at it? Very
        > interesting.
        > > Anyway, welcome Marilyn, maybe you would like to post your story
        in
        > more detail for everyone to read.
        > > Cheers..George Simpson....Director AUFORN VIC (Australian UFO
        > Research

      • westisall
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
          G'Day Marilyn.
          Thank you for the reply great to hear from you.

          --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, "marilyneastwood"
          <marilyneastwood@...> wrote:

          > Hi Les,
          > well where do I start, as you know I was a bit of a
          > rebelious kid so when we were told about the UFO there was no
          > stopping me.

          > Yes, I knew we were not supposed to talk to the press but
          fortunately
          > I was not the only rebelious child and a few of us were interveiwed
          > by channel 9.

          ME;
          Yes some of them are on the board have you been in contact with Joy?
          My sister came home upset because you were getting detention.

          Do you remember if there was any more footage of the event as part of
          your interview (like filming any of the circles) or later in the week
          on the news?

          > I remember seeing myself on TV and thinking "thats me, I didnt know
          I had so many freckels."
          > I recall your sister Dawn and I climbing the fence in the school
          oval we were crying and believed it was the end of the world.

          > The UFO appeared to hover and decend below the horizon many times.
          > For me, all else seemed insignificante, I was frightened but
          excited
          > at the same time and with a little bit of persusion from me Dawn,
          > myself and a few other students took off into the scrub to get a
          > closer look.

          ME;
          That's interesting can you remember the other students? I thought my
          sister returned to class (didn't go over to the Grange) I took her
          back after school she got her bearings as to where the action
          happened over at the grange and we headed in that direction we did go
          through scrub but ended up in a "fenced paddock" and only saw and
          investigated one circle.

          I asked her in my last questionnaire does she remember where the
          circle was she said she only remembers following her big brother.
          (once we got over there)

          I have been under the impression she didn't know about the circle/s
          until we went looking.
          To me it was a case of something went down over there so we went
          looking for it (I don't remember her saying she saw the object leave
          either)

          However at the same time I can't remember asking her outright either
          the fault could be on my side.(I've just assumed)

          It's a funny thing Marilyn,you know others saw what you saw but you
          don't go into the fine details, (you don't have to with them,)every
          now and then over the years a customer would mention The Westall
          Incident and that they saw the UFO/s and/or circle/s describing the
          latter a little different to ours and I never thought once to sit
          down with them and work where their circle was I tended to sort of
          dismiss it (been there done that type of thing) I don't remember ever
          really sitting down with you and discussing it in depth either.

          I remember mainly in the beginning being more interested in the UFO
          as everybody was, the circle/s were sort of secondary.

          Many years later your left with parts of it, the main parts, the rest
          has faded away.(like where the damn circles were exactly)

          > We found what appeared to be several depressions in the long grass
          in the shape of large circles, there was no grass on fire, at leased
          I didnt see any.

          Several depressions is interesting we didn't see any burnt grass
          either.

          > Also there were several light aircraft in the area which appeared
          to be following the UFO's movements.

          ME;
          Yes those damn aircraft.

          >How did I get to be in the paper, well the journal rang and asked if
          > they could do an interview, I don't know how they got my details
          but it couldn't have been to hard.

          This's something I forgot to ask Joy, Joy didn't have the phone on so
          it wasn't a matter of looking her up in a phone book yet the
          researchers romped up at her home did you give your full names to the
          channel nine reporter or were they handing your name and address out
          at the school I wonder.

          Incidentally, I gave your sister Dawn the only original paper
          clipping I had, she asked if I would loan it to her because she said
          you would like to see it. That was in 1980.
          > I would really appreciate you returning it to me, if you still have
          > it that would be great.

          I'm really sorry Marilyn I'm trying very hard here to remember ever
          seeing it I would have definately given it back (to my sister)and
          more than likely made a copy of it.
          I have neither.

          My sister is not really interested in talking about Westall anymore.

          > Hope I have filled in a few gaps for you, I am flying interstate
          for
          > a couple of weeks next Wednesday, so will talk to you then.
          > Regards Marilyn.

          Thanks again Marilyn, Yes it has been interesting.

          > --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, "westisall"
          > <lesliemedew@> wrote:
          > >
          > > G'Day Gang
          > > G' Daaaaaaaay Marilyn.
          > >
          > > As George says I think people on the board as well as myself
          would
          > > love to know your story what you remember of that day
          UFO/circle/s
          > > like how your story in the journal came about did you see the
          > channel
          > > nine footage on TV, your detention Etc, Oh hell anything you can
          > > remember when you've got time.
          > >
          > > Anyways glad you to see you on the board, good to hear from you.
          > >
          > > Cheers for now Les
          > >

          > > --- In Westallhighschoolufo@yahoogroups.com, "George"
          <aufornvic@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hey Marilyn, it's great that you have finally joined this list.
          > > > Many of the witnesses and ex students remember you from so long
          > > ago.
          > > > We had a re-union for the 40th anniversary of the Saucer
          > sighting,
          > > which was held at the Grange, with the tennis club for a meeting
          > > room. It would have been great if you could have been there.
          Many
          > ex
          > > students and teachers attended, as well as an independant film
          > > producer and her film crew, as did the Channel 9 News team. We
          told
          > > them about how the channel 9 news team were there 40 years
          earlier,
          > > and that they should use the old footage along with the new. The
          > > producer tried but could'nt get a hold of the old footage for the
          > > news segment.
          > > > How difficult is it going to be for anyone to get a hold of
          that
          > > old footage if channel 9 themselves can't get at it? Very
          > > interesting.
          > > > Anyway, welcome Marilyn, maybe you would like to post your
          story
          > in
          > > more detail for everyone to read.
          > > > Cheers..George Simpson....Director AUFORN VIC (Australian UFO
          > > Research

        • George
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 17, 2007
            Hi Marilyn,
                             I've never heard of any fire in the channel 9 archives.  These places are specially built to be safe from fire, moisture and extremes of temperature because they are for housing archives.  I would have severe doubt as to the the truth , if any , regarding any such story or the person who told it to you.
            The original footage was removed from the archives, apparently, by Sir Frank Packer himself. He had an interest in the story.  We were told that he had the old 16mm news footage transferred to 2 inch videotape in the early seventies.  Some of it was used by Mike Willissee in the mid seventies , apparently. So it was re-screened.  This was of course years before everyone had home video recorders.
            Channel 9 is a business.  I'm sure they could come up with the footage if a large enough carrot was dangled under their collective noses.  I wouldn't hold my breath.
            If channel 9 was to produce their own documentary on the case it might get screened.  There is someone who claims to have the footage , and well as other intriguing information in a documentary that was supposed to be screened in June of this year.

            We are still waiting.

            We wait.....we wait...nothing ever comes.

            Marilyn, did you see the channel nine news coverage of the Westall Re-union in April 2006?  It was good although brief.  We managed to record it.

            Cheers...George.