RFI noise page

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006
      VE3HLS has compiled a web page with recordings of RFI and their sources, if known.  There are also some unknown files too.  I am going to be making recordings of the source I have here at home and send them to VE3HLS.  The biggest offenders are computer CRTs, a CATV amp, surveillance cameras and a dimmer switch.  Those are the one's I have located.  There are a couple others that I have yet to figure out.  We may also want to consider a place on this group's web sites to store clips of RFI to help others make IDs.  To save space, clips should be converted to mp3 but a wav file is better to run through an analyzer.  Waves take up MUCH more room though.  Check out the site.

      http://www.ve3hls.com/noise/rfihome.html