Re: [WestMichiganHams] Re: ARRL Letter

  • George (Skip) VerDuin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2006
      Sorry Hank, Mark, (et al) who prefer to put Tom to work forwarding the newsletter.
      Great concept Tom has to whet our whistle for the material,
      BUT
      I agree with Tom [perhaps for a different reason]...

      Tom has duplicated the letter in my mailbox - therefore it is SPAM from a trusted source.
      No filter works for that circumstance - so far.
      Tom works hard to get it to me - I work hard finding the delete button.
      My life, Tom's, and potentially many others, would be simpler if Tom retired the practice of forwarding.
      Unless of course he has editorial comment - then cut-and-paste works like a dream.

      For those who want to see the letter like I do - do like I do / subscribe directly.
      It gets here earlier, the service is free, and it promotes ham radio.
      And the good news - you only get it once...
      There is no down side.

      Not a member?  Join.
      To promote ham radio by reading the letter while not a member of the publishing group is an oxymoron.
      When you find an ARRL issue to bitch about, you get heard just a little better as a member...

      Don't you hate it when there is this dissenting voice out there?

      On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 17:53 +0000, Hank Greeb wrote:
      I 2nd the sediment that says we should post the ARRL letter, etc.,
      here on the reflector. Lettuce promote the ham radio institution
      which has fought for our frequencies since 1914. Without it we
      wouldn't have the amateur radio service.

      73 de n8xx Hg

      --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, <k8mhz@...> wrote:

      > "Is it really necessary to post it on here?"
      >
      > Referring to the ARRL newsletter please remember that only a
      minority of hams are ARRL members (30 percent of active hams or
      something like that). The others would possibly like to see it. I
      encourage Tom to post it here as long as he wishes and as long the
      ARRL does not have a problem with it.

      > 73,
      >
      > Mark K8MHZ

      73