Regarding recent posts...

  • Linda Rosenthal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      Recent posts on this reflector and some conversations with Bill, AB8SC,
      reminded me to this powerful statement, particularly the FRIENDLY part:

      The Radio Amateur is:

      CONSIDERATE...never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the
      pleasure of others.

      LOYAL...offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local
      clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in
      the United States is represented nationally and internationally.

      PROGRESSIVE...with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient
      station and operation above reproach.

      FRIENDLY...slow and patient operating when requested; friendly advice and
      counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration
      for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.

      BALANCED...radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to
      family, job, school or community.

      PATRIOTIC...station and skill always ready for service to country and
      community.

      --The original Amateur's Code was written by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA, in 1928.

      73, Linda, AB8QH