RE: [WestMichiganHams] Countdown to Field Day!

  • Linda Rosenthal
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 19, 2006
      Per ARRL rules, we can't start set up until 1800 UTC on Friday.  There is no specific time for folks to gather on Friday.  (The potluck will likely start between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.. Jean, KC8WSE, is giving a mini-seminar on the NTS system, including how to write those important radiograms for Field Day points, after the evening meal.)  The Friday mini-swap would be very, very casual and probably ongoing from the time that we begin set up until folks wander off for the evening.  I'm picturing the swap happening as a tailgate sort of thing and limited to Friday afternoon/evening.  It's first time for this, so we'll see how it goes...

      73,
      Linda
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 19, 2006
        We welcome any and all visitors, Andrew.  Come on down!

        Linda
        I am planning to go to the NOARC field day, but I hope Muskegon doesn't mind me crashing their party if I end up going to work for a while in Montague that Saturday.

        Andrew

      • jtporritt@netscape.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
          1800 UTC is 2:00 PM local

[...]

          Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
        • Jon Plyler
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
            You are always welcome to join us, Andrew.  However, being Field Day, we may need to hold you there to protect our "strategy."  Not a total loss - we'll keep you as a "hostage" at one of our stations.  Already being acclimated to the 3rd shift hours, you and I should have an operating edge for the early morning operations.  :-)
            73,
            Jon AB8RD

            Andrew Young <ayoung@...> wrote:
[...]

            Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

          • Andrew Young

            • jfischer@azulstar.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
                link.http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1296

                As long as the ropes aren't too tight.

              • Jon Plyler
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
                  No ropes... we use electric tape to keep your fingers from slipping off the Te Ne Ke.
                  :-)
                  Jon

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
                    Here something for the 20m shack on field day from ARRL

                    Antarctica's KC4AAA to be on the air for Field Day (Jun 16, 2006) -- KC4AAA at Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica, has announced plans to participate in ARRL Field Day 2006. The station's Satellite Communications Technician Robert Reynolds, N0QFQ, will head up the effort. Operations from KC4AAA will commence at 1800 UTC on June 24 and continue through 2100 UTC on June 25. Experience has shown that best opportunity for North and South American stations to contact KC4AAA appears around 2300 UTC on the Eastern Seaboard, moving westward with time until the window closes around 0400 UTC. Given South Pole's location right under the auroral oval, propagation can make South Pole intercontinental HF radio communications a challenge, so listen carefully! The primary operating frequency will be on or about 14.243 MHz. KC4AAA operators will monitor and exploit other bands, but 20 meter SSB will be the primary operating mode. South Pole will operate as a "home" station with supplied power (Class 1D). Reynolds plans to have a team of up to 10 operators staffing the station, most of whom are in a ham radio licensing class at the station. KC4AAA will be running 1 kW and will mainly use a pair of log-periodic antennas aimed toward the US. KC4AAA plans to upload its Field Day log to Logbook of The World (LoTW). QSL cards will be sent later in the year. For more information, contact Nick Powell, NH6ON
                     ,_._,___