Re: [WestMichiganHams] Looking for Field Day information

  • Jon Plyler
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2006
      I have our Field Day information on our club website:
      Jon AB8RD

      Don Meyer - KB8ODB <kb8odb@...> wrote:
      Hello ... This is to all orginizations that will have fieldday
      operations I would like you to post on here were when what times and
      what stations you will have on air. The Bands you will be on and like
      packet were it will be vhf/uhf and the frq. you will be on ....Lets see
      if we can connect all the fieldday events togather via radio...

      I plan on sending something to the TV Radio stations to get more people
      out to the events ..... 73 Don Meyer KB8ODB

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • jtporritt@netscape.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2006
        Don,
        In addition to the information on the web site I will be attempting to do a Packet Radio demonstration. Right now I am trying to figure out just what that means. The rules state:

        7.3.10.2 A complete portable packet system may be included as one of the demonstration modes. This system must include a temporary, portable node and must be completely seperate from the existing packet infrastructure of your area......

        The question I have is, "Does this mean that the station needs to be running JNOS, or MYSYS or something like that"? I'm not knowledgeable enough to know. I thought I would send a note to ARRL with my question, but perhaps someone on this relector has the answer and would be willing to share it with us.

        Tom, N8YJT

        I have our Field Day information on our club website:
        http://www.qsl.net/w8zho/fd2006.html
        Jon AB8RD

        Don Meyer - KB8ODB <kb8odb@...> wrote:
        Hello ... This is to all orginizations that will have fieldday
        operations I would like you to post on here were when what times and
        what stations you will have on air. The Bands you will be on and like
        packet were it will be vhf/uhf and the frq. you will be on ....Lets see
        if we can connect all the fieldday events togather via radio...

        I plan on sending something to the TV Radio stations to get more people
        out to the events ..... 73 Don Meyer KB8ODB

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
      • Tom VanderMel
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2006

          Tom
          We set up a APRS station to show it in Grand Haven 2-3 years ago. Try that. Tom

          Don Meyer - KB8ODB <kb8odb@sbcglobal. net> wrote:
          Hello ... This is to all orginizations that will have fieldday
          operations I would like you to post on here were when what times and
          what stations you will have on air. The Bands you will be on and like
          packet were it will be vhf/uhf and the frq. you will be on ....Lets see
          if we can connect all the fieldday events togather via radio...

          I plan on sending something to the TV Radio stations to get more people
          out to the events ..... 73 Don Meyer KB8ODB

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

          Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

        • Andrew Young
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 11, 2006

            "The existing packet infrastructure" may mean connections to permanent APRS stations or Digi station networks, but then what would you be demonstrating?  I did a Google search and didn't find anything more descriptive.

            I think it means it can't be connected to a phone line, wireless internet, or an ethernet port.

            That statement is what we might need to define a little better, because it is somewhat unclear.  Does anyone else have an interperetation?

            Andrew

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 11, 2006
                If the confusion is ongoing - please let me know and I'll contact ARRL for some clarification.

                Linda, MAARC FD Co-Chair