Sats for Field day.

  • Jim KC8PCJ
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 9, 2006
      Don, Who is working VHF and Satilite for field day in your club. I would like to talk to them.

      Jim KC8PCJ.
        Hi Jim ... Skip K8RRA with Jonh N8YQD will be working on the Satilite connection and Mark KC8DEI will be working on VHF and I think they are both on WMH here so hopefully they will email you and get togather with you on that. Also it would be nice to get the fieldday sites linked togather on packet and pass some information between sites with that and for the Holland club members watching WMH it would be nice to get you connected too ...... Hope this helped you out ...73 Don Meyer KB8ODB

          From: Don Meyer <kb8odb@...>
          Date: Fri Jun 09 21:15:48 CDT 2006
          To: WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [WestMichiganHams] Sats for Field day.

          Hi Jim ... Skip K8RRA with Jonh N8YQD will be working on the Satilite connection and Mark KC8DEI will be working on VHF and I think they are both on WMH here so hopefully they will email you and get togather with you on that. Also it would be nice to get the fieldday sites linked togather on packet and pass some information between sites with that and for the Holland club members watching WMH it would be nice to get you connected too ...... Hope this helped you out ...73 Don Meyer KB8ODB

          Jim KC8PCJ <kc8pcj@...> wrote: Don, Who is working VHF and Satilite for field day in your club. I would like to talk to them.   Jim KC8PCJ. ----- Original Message ----- From: Don Meyer - KB8ODB
        • George (Skip) VerDuin
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 14, 2006
            HMMM - I (we?) have some preparation to do in the next week...
            I'd like to coffee with YQD, DEI, YJT, and PCJ, (maybe others?) together in the next few days to set a mini-plan.

            The satellite hunt sounds good, should I bring the FT-847 for the attempt?
            Don tells me he has some great bird-hunting software to demo.

            The packet (digital) sounds good, does this mean linking the neighborhood on a fresh frequency for the event?
            If it makes sense, should I perhaps set up a cross-port node into a hamgate?

            How about coffee Monday evening 7:30 at Coffee Grounds (downtown GH)?

            Jim KC8PCJ <kc8pcj@...> wrote:

            Don, Who is working VHF and Satilite for field day in your club. I would like to talk to them.

            Jim KC8PCJ.
            >SNIP<
            ,_._,___

            73
            de Skip k8rra k

          • Jim KC8PCJ
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 14, 2006

              I don't know if N8YJT can make Monday night but I am open to it. If not Monday maybe Tuesday. I will cal on to the GH repeater on the way dowon. Lets see What Tom(N8YJT) has to say.

              Jim KC8PCJ <kc8pcj@...> wrote:

              Don, Who is working VHF and Satilite for field day in your club. I would like to talk to them.
              Jim KC8PCJ.
              >SNIP<
              ,_._,___

              73
              de Skip k8rra k

            • jtporritt@netscape.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 14, 2006
                Jim, Skipp, et.al.
                Monday looks good to me. There is a slight chance that I may be going to Port Huron on Tuesday and that could change my plans, but for now it looks good.
                Tom

                Jim KC8PCJ <kc8pcj@...> wrote:

                Don, Who is working VHF and Satilite for field day in your club. I would like to talk to them.

                Jim KC8PCJ.
                >SNIP<
                ,_._,___

                73
                de Skip k8rra k

                Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
              • Jim KC8PCJ
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 17, 2006

                  see you at coffee grounds Monday 7:30. I will call on the 49 for directions.

                  Jim KC8PCJ <kc8pcj@verizon. net> wrote:

                  Don, Who is working VHF and Satilite for field day in your club. I would like to talk to them.

                  Jim KC8PCJ.
                  >SNIP<
                  ,_._,___

                  73
                  de Skip k8rra k

                  Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                • Bill Fries
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
                    All:

                    Have a look at this program.  Interesting?

                    ConTest University

                    from Tim K3LR
                    Website: http://www.contestuniversity.com on June 17, 2006

                    While you are making reservations at the Crowne Plaza in Dayton check out:

                    http://www.contestuniversity.com

                    We are getting enough interest that it looks like we will be 100% ready to go for a full day of ConTest University ("CTU") 2007 to be held the Thursday of Dayton week at the Crowne Plaza. The CTU fee is all inclusive of all materials as well as breakfast and lunch, so everything is provided for. If we are able to cut a better deal on food prices with the hotel or obtain additional corporate sponsors, we will reduce the final cost. This is a break-even not-for-profit program.

                    If you are planning on coming to CTU, please fill out the interest form on the web site as soon as possible and then make your Crowne Plaza reservation for Wednesday night as well. This will be a very good event with coordination help from PVRC and their very successful 2005 Contest Seminar. Watch the website for continued updates about the instructors, course content and the schedule/outline.

                    Please pass this email to club reflectors, newsletters, etc.

                    Thanks to KA9FOX and QTH.com for hosting our website!

                    73! Tim K3LR
                  • jtporritt@netscape.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 18, 2006
                      This is to confirm that I plan to be there for the meeting.
                      Tom

                      Jim KC8PCJ <kc8pcj@...> wrote:

                      Don, Who is working VHF and Satilite for field day in your club. I would like to talk to them.

                      Jim KC8PCJ.
                      >SNIP<
                      ,_._,___